Galaxy S4 - Images and videos in gallery are broken.

Robin Jacob

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Using Transcend 32GB SD card in my Galaxy S4. I had done a factory reset a few days back. Since then all my images in the gallery appear black with a small droid and lightning bolt on the top. Also, my videos just show blank. The file explorer shows all the files but none of them open.

I tried using the SD card in my laptop. All the files are being displayed but not of them open. I have tried multiple recovery software to restore the images and videos but no success. Please any assistance would be great as I have 2000+ family vacation images and videos which I do not want to lose.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
It doesn't sound promising. SD cards can fail. You have done most things but I would try using windows to see if the file system can be repaired. Pop the disc in the card reader and right click the drive icon for the card in Windows explorer, open properties, click tools then hit the check button and leave it do its thing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you do the factory reset while the card was still inserted? Although SD cards are not supposed to be affected by a factory reset, we've certainly seen posts about apparent data corruption on the card after the factory reset.

Robin Jacob

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
@B Diddy - The SD card was out when I did the factory reset. I have tried a lot of software but I have had no luck so far. I do not mind to buy software if it can really help. Any other options please advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try using your PC's chkdsk option and letting it try to fix any errors on the card? Keep in mind that this might lead to some of the photos becoming irretrievable, but it might also allow others to be fixed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know of anything else to offer. Hopefully you can find some other method of recovery!:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it's possible the card got corrupted, I'd consider getting a new card (or at least reformatting this one).

Robin Jacob

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
@ B.Diddy - I don't think the card is corrupted. When I take new pictures they are readable in the gallery and PC. It's only the pictures and videos taken before 15 March that is not being displayed. So it is some problem with the photos and not the card i believe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non