Encore Recon cases?

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have one of these yet? I've been hoping for a video review to pop up, but nothing that I've found so far. Particularly interested in how well the sound boost performs

Posted via Android Central App

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's encore Recon cases? I ordered but have not received yet, an Element Recon Carbon Fiber case for my S5. Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Probably going to order the carbon fiber one as well. I actually love the od green spec ops color, can't warrant the extra 50 bucks for it. I wouldn't use the privacy screen protector.

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just received mine today, although just a black Chroma, fit and finish is very nice, not very big but protection seems good. I'm also using a Luvvitt glass screen protector and the case is fine with it. The SBS works decently, definitely gets the sound directed towards the front and does it well. The volume loss I'm still testing, seems like the volume drops a bit when the case is on, not very much, I'll report back after more playing around. Seems like there is a lot of sound energy you can feel under the Samsung backplate and then with the Element case I think more is trapped.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well that sounds good, being able to use the glass screen protector. A little disappointed that mine didn't come in today so hopefully tomorrow it'll arrive. I really hope you don't lose to much sound in the case. That's a lot of why I was willing to pay so much for it.

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with it, the volume issue is just a small nitpick I hope. I may turn around and sell this one and get the carbon fiber one also, should of just pulled the trigger on it from the start. Or even the black-ops one, not sure about aluminum and reception. Any thoughts on that?

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I really liked the black ops myself. Couldn't justify to myself paying $50 more for the aluminum back and "special cutouts" in the aluminum. I just thought it looked cool. The metal interfering with the reception was another reason I decided to go with the carbon fiber. I tracked my case today and it's supposed to be in tomorrow hopefully it will be and I'll try to test it out some and put up my thoughts in a review kinda format sometime in the next few days. Keep us up to date on your thoughts with yours.

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I plan on ordering one next week. I'm a truck driver and have to be able to ship ahead somewhere on my route, so would like to know how long it takes to receive your case from order to delivery.

One concern I have with the sound redirection is does it cause issues on phone calls with the other person?

As far as the spec ops version, I'd probably order it if they offered it with a normal screen protector. Heck fir $130 it should come with both!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Got my Element Recon Carbon Fiber in black a few moments ago. At first glance you get the impression of good quality and build. A bit dissappointed due to expecting the belt clip attachment to be included with the case. But after visiting the element website It does say optional. The sound is redirected to the front pretty well. Thin and seems to be able to take some abuse. I feel the case is really good and at this point I believe I will keep it. I really like the look of the Carbon fiber. BUT unless you just want the carbon fiber or the aluminum back I think I would have stuck with the plain back case at the lower price. Will update on my opinion after a few more days of use.

davedog

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I Ordered the Recon Carbon Fiber Case From Carbon Fiber Gear & did not receive the belt clip or view stand which says plain as day that it is included & better be for that price!
I contacted Carbon Fiber Gear & They replied back that there was a mis-communication on the clip/stand not coming with the case & said they will ship the belt clip/stand directly from Element case next week. I Would Contact Element case bogdaryl & let them know that you did not receive the belt clip/stand with the case & they should send you those at no charge !
Besides not receiving those I Love the case It really looks & feels incredible.It is Slim yet built super solid for drop & shock resistant. Slips in & out of my pocket easily. SBS boost really works well & couldn't ask for anything more. 3 things I look for in a Case: # 1 Protection : # 2 Looks : # 3 Functionality. This case is pretty much perfect for my needs. I also Had a Zagg Tempered
Glass Screen Protector Installed which comes with a Lifetime Warranty & Along with this Recon Cf Case I am ready for anything Life throws At Me. :cool:

davedog

May 1, 2014
Visit site
With the black-ops case, you don't have to use the privacy screen protector right?

No you do not need to use there privacy screen protector. You can use whatever screen protector you want. I put a Zagg Tempered Glass Screen Protector on with my case which I believe is the best screen protector on the market & it comes with a Lifetime Warranty.

davedog

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I Just Looked at the Element Case Website & States That the Fuse Dek (belt clip/viewing Stand) is included with the case !
There is a Fuse Dek Mounting option available Which is sold separately for a Bike, Clamp or Surface Mount. So For Those That Ordered The case
And Did Not Receive The Fuse Dek (Belt Clip/Viewing Stand) Like Myself Should Contact them & let them Know there is a problem !

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey davedog, I checked the website again and you are correct about the Fuse Dek. I contacted both Element and Case motion from whom I bought the case ( they are an authorized seller ). I was contacted by Case Motion and they advised me that they would be in contact with Element Monday and would get back to me as soon as they find anything out. I really like the case and I find it does improve the sound adequately for my needs. Let me know if you find anything else out on your end. Thanks

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Received email from Case Motions, with a new tracking number and apologies for the mistake. It seems the story Element gave on Facebook was factual. I also conversed via email several times with a very nice lady working for Element who advised me that they were trying to get the situation rectified as quickly as possible. Seems all will be made right.

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well after a few days with this case I can positively say this is THEE case, awesome. But Im going to try a couple modifications. First, is the heat build up on a warm day and moderate use makes mine get pretty warm. There is nothing to let any air circulate in the back. Alot of the other case makers are putting a design of some sort so the back of the phone isn't completely flat on the case. So I'm going to add some channels. The second is the SBS opening, it's so small and tight. I'm going to try opening this up a bit. And if that doesn't work I'm going to cut the left side so it matched the right side grill to let the sound flow from both sides and hopefully an increase in volume and maybe a "stereo" affect. If I screw this Chroma up that's just a reason to buy the black-ops version.