Tried to downgrade, failed miserably.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T Galaxy s5 is currently bricked. When I start it up I get a message telling me to use emergency software recovery in kies, tried it but it asks for a recovery code in which I don't have. I used Odin 3.09 I think and the correct 4.4.2 software from sammobile. I followed the directions and what to do but every time I try to flash 4.4.2 stock firmware I get a FAIL message on Odin. I've tried every guide out there, but can't seem to get it. I really wa t to avoid going to a bestbuy store just to get my phone re flashed, or shipping it off to Samsung and not have a phone for two weeks. Is there any possible way to fix this at home? I'm gonna try a different PC when I get home but I'm sure it will not work. This really sucks cause I'm going on vacation in two weeks and I kinda need a phone... Note that I still can get into download mode, but there is no software the phone can boot up on, I also can't do android recovery. Please help...

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just helped my friend downgrade his from lollipop to kitkat and all went well using Odin.
Make sure usb debugging is ticked!
After that we rooted it using towelroot.
All is good and he is happy

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Did that, can't even access the phone. It takes me directly saying I need to do emergency firmware recovery in kies. I would do that, but I don't have a code.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's AT&T or Verizon, flash Lollipop back - you can't downgrade a major version. (There are eFuses in the phones - when you update to a new major version, one of the fuses blows, and the phone will no longer accept a major version lower than the highest eFuse blown. Other carriers aren't so anal.)

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If it's AT&T or Verizon, flash Lollipop back - you can't downgrade a major version. (There are eFuses in the phones - when you update to a new major version, one of the fuses blows, and the phone will no longer accept a major version lower than the highest eFuse blown. Other carriers aren't so anal.)

I had no problem downgrading a Verizon lollipop 5.0 to kikat 4.4.2 using Odin.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Odin fails whenever I try downgrading from 5.0 to 4.4 . What am I doing wrong? I'm on Verizon, non root

Posted via the Android Central App

Jovee

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to downgrade my note 5 from marshmallow to lollipop 5.1.1 but odin says fail and I can't get back to my screen coz of the "uprage error" thing.. PLEASE HELP :'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to downgrade my note 5 from marshmallow to lollipop 5.1.1 but odin says fail and I can't get back to my screen coz of the "uprage error" thing.. PLEASE HELP :'(

Samsung may have blocked any possibility of rolling back updates through the bootloader, when the device updated. They started doing this with the S4, as I recall.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Are you using a carrier branded U.S. model of Note 5?

mingyang122

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
My AT&T Galaxy s5 is currently bricked. When I start it up I get a message telling me to use emergency software recovery in kies, tried it but it asks for a recovery code in which I don't have. I used Odin 3.09 I think and the correct 4.4.2 software from sammobile. I followed the directions and what to do but every time I try to flash 4.4.2 stock firmware I get a FAIL message on Odin. I've tried every guide out there, but can't seem to get it. I really wa t to avoid going to a bestbuy store just to get my phone re flashed, or shipping it off to Samsung and not have a phone for two weeks. Is there any possible way to fix this at home? I'm gonna try a different PC when I get home but I'm sure it will not work. This really sucks cause I'm going on vacation in two weeks and I kinda need a phone... Note that I still can get into download mode, but there is no software the phone can boot up on, I also can't do android recovery. Please help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87