Need to reflash s5 att

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can do a fdr on my s5. Set up works fine. After a few minutes all of the memory gets used up and it locks up. Would using kies be the simplest way to reflash it? I think the firmware is corrupt.

Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can do a fdr on my s5. Set up works fine. After a few minutes all of the memory gets used up and it locks up. Would using kies be the simplest way to reflash it? I think the firmware is corrupt.

Thanks

Try running your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours and see if your issue persists. If not, it will be down to one of your own user apps or settings filling the memory. Since Samsung do not release the AT&T firmware and AT&T do not make it available through the usual sources to be flashed via Odin PC suite, you will have to try using Samsung Smart Switch, (Kies for older firmware), to try and re-flash your firmware.

For details and video of Safe Mode, see #1.4 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide

youdoofus

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
ive also seen this issue persist after too many partial downloads getting cached in the android partition, but i can never find where

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Try running your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours and see if your issue persists. If not, it will be down to one of your own user apps or settings filling the memory. Since Samsung do not release the AT&T firmware and AT&T do not make it available through the usual sources to be flashed via Odin PC suite, you will have to try using Samsung Smart Switch, (Kies for older firmware), to try and re-flash your firmware.

For details and video of Safe Mode, see #1.4 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide

I tried safe mode and the memory still keeps growing. Kies and smartswitch do not work. I guess I will contact Samsung support and/or go to an ATT store and see if they can reflash the phone. Thanks for the response though