Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6 - which would you choose?

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
OK so here is a leak
http://www.samsunggalaxys5.nl/exclusief-achterkant-doos-samsung-galaxy-s5-gelekt-specificaties/
6esapuny.jpg

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Damn! The GPE of this phone is going to be a monster

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Well I hope they are using the snapdragon 805 for that massive resolution instead of those top snapdragon 800s

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
What I think. Int. GSM model will be exynos based and 1080p. The LTE model will be the Q800 and 2k.

Posted via Android Central App

robertk328

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had an iphone since the first one (after they started to subsidize!), then the 4 and now the 5. I've got the itch to try an Android (wouldn't even know where to start with HTC, Samsung, etc.) and would consider the S5. Biggest thing holding me back is 1) I know how the iPhones work and am comfortable with it and 2) apps that I have on my iPhone and whether there is an Android counterpart, if I'd have to pay for it (don't mind it but it would add up). Guess I'd have to go down the list of "can't do without" apps and see where that puts me.

Genebaby

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I'll be converting to Android this year. I installed Kit Kat on an S4 (don't like Touch Wiz or other interfaces) and really enjoyed using stock Android while setting it up as a phone like it was my own.

This past week I have been evaluating a Nexus 5 and have used it totally in place of my iPhone. So I have two Android phones right now, ha ha.

It's been a success as I discovered the last piece of the required apps, LockerPro for excellent notifications, ios style.
I tried an S2 with ICS a while back and didn't like it so stuck with Apple. Now I am digging what Android can do and no longer see the value in what Apple charge for the iPhone.

I like the Nexus but battery life seems better on the S4 and I much prefer the menu, back and home buttons at the bottom of the screen.

I also discovered I can't use the Nexus outside in landscape with my polarised sunglasses on as the screen disappears.

Add removable storage and Samsung wins, the hardware race.

I'll only be interested in a GPE version though so I'll keenly watch the announcement and see what happens with a GP edition.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had an iphone since the first one (after they started to subsidize!), then the 4 and now the 5. I've got the itch to try an Android (wouldn't even know where to start with HTC, Samsung, etc.) and would consider the S5. Biggest thing holding me back is 1) I know how the iPhones work and am comfortable with it and 2) apps that I have on my iPhone and whether there is an Android counterpart, if I'd have to pay for it (don't mind it but it would add up). Guess I'd have to go down the list of "can't do without" apps and see where that puts me.

I can totally understand being android-curious. Remember though that you'll have to get your apps again and get used to the difference. That said, android can be quite fun and you can customize so much. Over the past years I've had a lot of android phones. I recently came back to iOS and glad for that move. Give android a shot, iOS will always be here when you decide to come back.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

robertk328

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
My other hang up is I use iTunes Match to get songs off my account, and not sure if the AAC files will play. Not sure about converting!

Maybe a tablet is the best way to go about the curiosity. Galaxy Tab 7 for under $200 at Best Buy...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My other hang up is I use iTunes Match to get songs off my account, and not sure if the AAC files will play. Not sure about converting!

Maybe a tablet is the best way to go about the curiosity. Galaxy Tab 7 for under $200 at Best Buy...

The Galaxy Tab 7.0 is not a good device to judge Android by IMO, it is not representative of the performance that can be had on premium Android device, especially if you get the WiFi version. It may lead to other than a positive impression of Android. I think you're better off with a Nexus 7 or if you really want to treat yourself get an LG G Pad 8.3.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

i hate when people say they go with iphone cause they say it just works.

Android works just as good as iphone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non