galaxy s5 camera lens cracked

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Everyone needs to call Samsung and complain about it. They keep telling me no one else has had this problem. We shouldn't have to pay $70.00 to get it fix every time it cracks.

A million people can call, yet they will still say it's an unknown issue

-Sent from Tapatalk

COOPSTA

May 10, 2014
Visit site
So I dropped my 5 day old S5 and camera lens cracked anyone else have the same problem ?

Posted via Android Central App

yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue!

COOPSTA

May 10, 2014
Visit site
A million people can call, yet they will still say it's an unknown issue

-Sent from Tapatalk
that is the exact answer I got from USA & Australian support - not happy as I look after my stuff and yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue!

COOPSTA

May 10, 2014
Visit site
yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have had HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue! Tweeted USA support who said they had not heard of the issue, contacted Australian chat support who asked if someone else had used my phone!! then said they had not heard of the issue but to take the phone into a Samsung experience store...lets see what they have to say!

mivettec

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it will fit. I checked out my father's s4 to see if they are the same lens and they aren't. But I think in time the part for the S5 should come out. Just that right now the phone is still too new so we need to wait if that's what you/ I want to do that but I also saw the YouTube video and looked into it. Easy fix for a few $$.

dave1977nj

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for a week (Black) and looks fine to me, I am using a Spigen Slim Armor Case. Just curious I noticed someone posted there were small dents in the silver ring around the lens. For everyone that has a broken broken lens are the small dents also there just seeing if there is something that would be in common with the broken lenses?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
There must be a pattern here.....some design flaw on some batch(s) or something. I'm rough with my phone, toss it on a table etc, let it fall...oops...no cracks...and yet people are saying theirs is cracked before they even had a chance to do something like drop it etc....weird.

rhinogliphics23

May 2, 2014
Visit site
70 is better than 200. But im hearing cased and not cased phones are having cracked camera lenses. :-/ frustrated...I still think its the fact they were having issues with camera fitting in the phone to begin with....then trying to reach a deadline and a rush to get this phone on the market..

Posted via Android Central App

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Probably not that big of a deal. People come to forums to complain about things like this. Out of the what millions of s5 sold we have a a few hundred maybe a thousand that have a lens that broke? And just because they say they didn't drop it, bump it against anything doesn't mean it didn't happen. I know I broke my old note's screen because it was in my pocket when I was working on my car and I pressed up against the car. Didn't notice till probably an hour later when I pulled it out of my pocket. Stuff happens

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Ollie Hickling

May 16, 2014
Visit site
ANother to add to the list here, always put a screen protector and phone in a case when i get them new. And also always usually bought Apple iphones, and never had a problem with broken screens or broken lenses. Yet this S5 within a month has a crack right through the middle of the lens..... the thing hasnt been out of my pocket, just like i kept the iphone 3,4,4s and 5 before it..

Guessing its going to be the auld slopy shoulders from Samsung for this issue then...

case - Spigen Slim armor
screen protector- Zagg Extreme protection invisible shield

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38