Resetting Fingerprint scan

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to reset your fingerprint once it's been set as security? I can turn it off and back on. But I can't find a way to re-run the setup...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Found it! Under Settings -> Fingerprints. You can add or delete your prints.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
S5 does not have those options... How to do it on an S5
My carrier is T-Mobile (don't know if that makes a difference or not) and this is how I do it on the S5:

Settings > Finger Scanner > Fingerprint manager > enter alternate password if set (select Done) > tap the 3 dots in the upper right and select Deregister > select print to deregister and tap the trash can > tap OK

Now you can add a new fingerprint in place of the one you deregistered. Hope that helps!

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm following this thread on how to reset the fingerprint scan. My problem is that there must be something missing on my fingerprint settings...I do not have the three little dots at the top corner, to access the deregistering part...any thoughts???

***UPDATE 1/5/15 - I've found out how to reset the fingerprint scan. I'm not sure if it is a carrier thing or not, but in order for my to access the fingerprint scanner "settings" I had to put in the Alternative password. After I did that, it allowed me to de-register and/or re-set the fingerprint scan. Also, the three little dots didn't appear until I entered the alternative password. Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

sfyfe

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
On the Galaxy S8.4 you can add fingerprints (my first one never worked) at Settings - Finger Scanner - Fingerprint Manager. Hit the "+" at the top of the screen and swipe a different finger.

Tracy ingham

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
that finger print security locked me out of my galaxy note 4 edge which isnt currently in use.anyone know what i can do please.much appreciated. tracy

AlyarbankHQZ

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem, the only solution is a Factory Reset (Hold Power+Volume UP+Home Button) to enter the recovery boot menu. I will note that I was able to set it all back up, but it corrupted again after about a week. This time it will accept my Backup Password to Ulnock the screen. However it will not accept the same password to enter the Lock Screen or the Finger Scanner settings. So my advice is to do the Factory reset, then imediately configure a strong password and disable the Fingerprint scanner. I won't use the scanner after this incident, I've lost some data that was important and I lost a lot of time to go through this. I'm going to root after this BS. At least I'm be able to run a proper backup, thanks Samsung/Sprint!

SC Trooper

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I was told all of the same things. However, there is a very simplistic way to do it. No master reset required. I talked to Samsung reps twice and they don't even know how to do it. And it's so incredibly simple, it will make sick at your stomach. On all of the other posts, you see alot of people stating that you just neednto go to fingerprint mgr etc etc. The only problem is you still have to scan your fingerprint to access the settings to begin with. Once the number of attempts have bee exhausted, you now are stuck with entering the backup password. And when you can't remember what that was, you find yourself scouring thousands of forums to figure out how to reset it and you end up to the dead end of factory reset, which we all try to avoid. But I did figure it out, and let me tell you, when it got off the backup password request and went back to the fingerprint scan and I ran mine across it - this time successfully, I was one happy MF. That being said, if you are not the person whose fingerprint is on file, you still can't get in. Which is a good thing. Otherwise, that would be a major security flaw.

ppophil

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
No its grayed out..
Don't want any password. I set up fingerprint password, now I can't remove it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ppophil

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Trying to remove fingerprint password, won't let me

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1645.jpg
    1645.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 62

1LooseCannon

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
This is EXACTLY my problem. I want to remove fingerprint security as it is way to cumbersome to use but no matter whether I scan my fingerprint or enter my password in an effort to delete the fingerprint security by deleting the fingerprints I get EXACTLY the same message as posted here. Anyone have an answer to deleting the fingerprint security aside from a master reset?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699