05-14-2018 11:34 AM
108 ... 345
tools
    It's in your wi-fi menu, under "advanced." The only problem with this solution to an obvious problem that Samsung doesn't appear to want fixed, is you're constantly switching between mobile & wifi! Could get quite pricey unless you're lucky enough to have true unlimited service. I've had my Samsung 5 for several years without this issue, just cropped up a few months ago. I'll be going back to a Motorola for my next phone.
    I turned off the Mobile data under data usage so it can't ding me.
    04-30-2017 08:29 PM
    This post is the one that led me to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security. After uninstalling that app and restarting, my phone keeps wifi connections.
    smvim likes this.
    05-28-2017 09:44 AM
    This post is the one that led me to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security. After uninstalling that app and restarting, my phone keeps wifi connections.
    I'll second this suggestion. It's another testimony that use of any anti-virus/anti-malware utility on an Android device needs careful consideration. Typically I think being proactive is better than reactive when it comes to maintenance in general, but when it comes to the topic of Android and AV/malware apps, unless there's an actual problem I can't say they're a necessity. Recently I had a cousin who was running into WiFi connectivity issues and removing an AV utility she recently installed for no particular reason was a quick fix. (... and no, that's not just a single, anecdotal instance.)
    05-28-2017 10:43 AM
    I'd just like to find out whether anyone (except those with a Samsung/S5/etc because their problem seems to be due to that "Smart Network Switch" or whatever) with this problem has McAfee Mobile Security installed on their phone, as uninstalling this app seemed to have resolved the issue on my Medion LIFE X5020...
    07-03-2017 02:05 PM
    I've had this problem with an S-5 and I'm on Verizon. Dropping the wifi after 30 seconds or so unless it was very close to the router. I have an Asus router that's less than 2 years old and several other wifi enabled devices all working fine. After a half hour text chatting with a tech coach, she decided it must be the router and I should call my home internet service provider. I had read something in this and another forum about security apps causing this and a Verizon app. It was not possible to un-install any of the Verizon apps, so I went in to each one and cleared the cache and all data. Also did the same for the Peel Remote App and restarted the phone. It hasn't dropped the wifi since. It's held it continuously now for about 3 hours.
    07-26-2017 05:40 PM
    Louis1155 is correct, as it fixed same issue with my S5.

Fix:
    Settings > Applications > Application Manager > "Security & Privacy" app > Storage > Manage Storage > Reset Security & Privacy? ; press OK
    09-04-2017 04:16 PM
    I was having the same problem and stumbled across this thread. I saw a post about doing a factory reset and NOT setting up and adding the My Verizon Icon app to the home screen. Well I didn't want to do yet another factory reset so I opened the Verizon folder and noticed I had a notification from the Security App they have now. I opened and it has at least 3-5 different scans set to automatically run. I looked into the settings and sure enough, there is a place for WiFi settings, I opened it and was blown by the fact that this app BLOCKED my home WiFi and my dad's WiFi. I removed them from the blocked list and now they work fine.

Open Verizon Security & Privacy app > WiFi Security > Manage WiFi Networks > Blocked > Check the box for all networks you use > Click Remove Button

Hope this helps!
    05-14-2018 11:27 AM
    I also turned off all scans and everything that said "automatic"!
    05-14-2018 11:34 AM
108 ... 345