Wifi popup problem

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys I have an annoying problem. I have the Galaxy s5 and I keep it connected to wifi at home at all times. Well there is a popup small screen at the bottom that popups every 2-4 minutes telling me that the wifi is connected. Any ideas on how to disable wifi notification?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
i had that happen 1 time then no more
is your wifi good or might it be dropping off?

All my other devices work ok. I also have the new HTC One M8 and it works fine my cousins S4 works fine. But my brothers new S5 keeps popping up and warning him that he is connected or it has been connected, not sure. It might be dropping.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing as mark5019. I would look at the wifi connection in Settings. So, Settings>Wifi> looking at the list of all possible connections, you should see the state of yours. If the device is having a hard time staying connected, you should see it disconnect, reconnect, and authenticate in a loop.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing as mark5019. I would look at the wifi connection in Settings. So, Settings>Wifi> looking at the list of all possible connections, you should see the state of yours. If the device is having a hard time staying connected, you should see it disconnect, reconnect, and authenticate in a loop.

Ok I am on the wifi screen and it says connected. It also scans for networks every 10 seconds. The popup shows every 30 secconds it seems while on this screen. The popup just tells me that is has been connected to my network. Let me change security settings for a sec and see.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am on the wifi screen and it says connected. It also scans for networks every 10 seconds. The popup shows every 30 secconds it seems while on this screen. The popup just tells me that is has been connected to my network. Let me change security settings for a sec and see.

So there is no disconnect happening at all?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So there is no disconnect happening at all?

I've been staring at the screen for minutes and it stays connected. But the splash screen at the bottom pops up telling me that ive been connected. I have two routers to extend my network. Well I connected to my main router and it seems to have fixed the problem which is weird becasue i have other devices connected to it and no prob.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been staring at the screen for minutes and it stays connected. But the splash screen at the bottom pops up telling me that ive been connected. I have two routers to extend my network. Well I connected to my main router and it seems to have fixed the problem which is weird becasue i have other devices connected to it and no prob.

Hopefully, I think I know what is happening. Go to Settings>wifi>click menu. You should see advanced options. CLick that, then see if avoid poor connections is checked.
What might be happening is your phone may be shifting routers and giving you the toast message.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, I think I know what is happening. Go to Settings>wifi>click menu. You should see advanced options. CLick that, then see if avoid poor connections is checked.
What might be happening is your phone may be shifting routers and giving you the toast message.

Ok i did that and it was checked so i unchecked it and so far nothing on the other router lol! Thanks for the help! :)

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having this same exact issue... but following your instruction, i dont have any options that say anything about poor connection to check or not??

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same exact issue... but following your instruction, i dont have any options that say anything about poor connection to check or not??

So you have no advanced options in WiFi?

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't have the Advanced>Avoid Poor Connections either... BUT by "unchecking" the Smart Network switch, I think my problem is solved. So far so good. This would state that the pop-up was showing the switching between wifi & mobile data.

Hope this helps all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress