Screen Keeps Waking Up Every Few Seconds

Noah Crowley

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just today, my phone started waking itself up every few seconds after I had pressed the lock button and this is severely draining my battery. It has been doing it all day. I restarted my phone and it keeps happening. I have not manually updated anything recently. What can I do to make it stop!?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. It's "Air Wake up" and it's reallllly sensitive. Because of another thread on this forum, I was able to determine it was Air Wake and disable it. Go to Settings/Accessibility/Dexterity and interaction/Air Wake up. Hope that's the problem.
Monica

jrowlings

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
There's also this thing called "wakelock" that I'm just learning about. It seems that some background apps make the screen turn on when doing background activities. I found Amazon Apps doing that so I disabled it. Google magazine. Some weather apps also. Disabling reduced the number of times this happened for me (but didn't eliminate). There is a wakelock detector app, but it requires root access. I'm currently trying "Battery Doctor" which closes background apps (except those you tell it not to) and that seems to be helping too. Hope this helps. Hope also that someone who knows more about this chimes in.

Paul37

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing. I've only had the Galaxy s5 for a little over a month now and then all of a sudden the past day and a half it started doing this. In the lock screen it keeps waking up every 30 second and then in the home screen when it starts to dim out on the Time out after 15 second setting it then wakes back up again. Super annoying on a brand new phone. I have shut down all applications, made sure the things on the forums have been complied with (i.e. the Air wake and others etc.) and nothing. Will try the battery doctor and see if that does anything.

bluebaronca

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Had the same problem. Realized it was an electrical issue. The power was being dropped from the cord. Whenever it loses power from the cord or gains power, it wakes up. I was using a power bar. Plugging it directly into the wall fixed my issue. Hope this helps.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I also had this issues. For me what was causing it was leaving the Peel Remote app running in the background. When I have it closed and just use the widget this problem was gone.

Pain in the b u t t with the phone sitting on the arm of my rocking chair.

(I'd like to take this moment to say that if I take the spaces out of b u t t that it is censoring me? Thats a little overboard lol)

Flicked via the BlackBerry Keyboard on my S5

darienmichelle1029

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
It took me 2 days of insanity to find out what was causing my phone to wake randomly. I deleted apps, changed settings and restarted my phone all to find out that the button in my phone case was rubbing slightly on the power button. I cut the piece out of the case and problem solved. (This was the case: SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series Full-body Rugged Case)
Hope that helps someone readin this because I checked countless forums and none of them had this answer.

Vikicupcake

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just today, my phone started waking itself up every few seconds after I had pressed the lock button and this is severely draining my battery. It has been doing it all day. I restarted my phone and it keeps happening. I have not manually updated anything recently. What can I do to make it stop!?
Don't know if this is your issue but I got a new Galaxy active s7 Monday and from day 1 I had this issue. Tried everything in the forum. I was at witts end and this morning my Spotify updated and it fixed my problem. Do you use Spotify?

Last edited:

Alyssa Alex

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Same thing happened to my phone out of nowhere. I didn't install anything or changed any settings.
Finally after messing around with it i was able to make it stop. If you have a power button that puts your phone to sleep then what you want to try is pressing it again as soon as it awakes again. Screen darkens and comes back on right away constantly, so when it comes back on you force it back with power button, and do so several times. Mine finally stayed off like i had before. Please reply to me if it helped in your case, im just curious

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
how do i stop the screen turning on after every few seconds even after locking the phone.

You're asking the same question the OP asked, without saying if you have the same or different phone, the same or different situation, or if you've tried anything mentioned in this thread. Please provide that information.

EDIT: I see you posted this thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...hone-galaxy-c9-pro-waking-up-again-again.html. Please see my response there.

claud rapoza

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It took me 2 days of insanity to find out what was causing my phone to wake randomly. I deleted apps, changed settings and restarted my phone all to find out that the button in my phone case was rubbing slightly on the power button. I cut the piece out of the case and problem solved. (This was the case: SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series Full-body Rugged Case)
Hope that helps someone readin this because I checked countless forums and none of them had this answer.

thanks

Dooooo

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Actually, every time the NSA accesses your phone data, the phone comes out of sleep mode. Stay safe my friend.

I've been searching all over the net for an answer to this. FINALLY an answer, thank you! Mine was lighting up for about three seconds every 15 minutes straight away out of the box. This worked.

Iyke gazi

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
I've been searching all over the net for an answer to this. FINALLY an answer, thank you! Mine was lighting up for about three seconds every 15 minutes straight away out of the box. This worked.

That's not the case.. go to settings, anything that has to do with waking up the phone... Like gestures, flip to wake, etc .turn it off

Valkenier

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site

Thanks, this helped me. Turns out my new cover has the same problem. Easy to check, remove it and problem was gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45