[Q] Rooting Verizon S5 With Towel Root And Edge Program?

PSM 64

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
So i'm fairly new to the android rooting world coming from a ( Iphone 4S ). I had a upgrade so I said what the heck and I switched over to the "edge" program up to the S5. So now this phone is on the Verizon edge plan and I have questions about rooting it.

1. If I use towel root will it set off knox?

2. Will I be able to install a custom recovery after its rooted with towel root without setting off knox?

3. Will I be able to set the phone to stock firmware (for warranty,edge up etc)?

4. After the phone is on original software will Verizon and/or Samsung know if it was rooted?

5 How would I set it back to stock firmware if I use towel root?

6. Anybody root a S5 that's on the Verizon edge up program?

I would like to avoid setting off knox

Thanks fellas I know I sound like a full on N00b lol. I look forward to hearing back from you folks.

rob_sullivan

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
So

Towel Root will not set off Knox. As far as I know there are no custom ROM's for the Verizon S5 yet. I am anxiously awaiting though, as far as you restoring to stock firmware to edge up. Yes, once custom ROM's come out, you will install TWRP or something of the like and you will be able to control your ROM's from there, both custom and stock. And lastly Verizon Edge program doesn't affect your coverage, or the 'rootability' of it. It simply takes you off of contract with you paying full retail over either 24 or 20 months.

Hope this helps

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, I am on the EDGE program and I am rooted and running safe strap recovery :)

There is a .tar odin stock image that can get you back to stock.

TowelRoot as stated above, will not trip Knox.

There are several custom ROM's for the VZW S5 out there, you just need to flash them via safe strap and you will be good to go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38