Galaxy S5 Battery life

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems my battery is performing pretty poorly especially since I have snapdragon battery guru and power saving mode on
Does anybody have ideas on why this is? (And I always try to keep brightness down so don't tell me that)

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-49-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-49-07.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-49-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-49-01.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-48-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-48-53.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 Battery Life

It seems my battery is performing pretty poorly especially since I have snapdragon battery guru and power saving mode on
Does anybody have ideas on why this is? (And I always try to keep brightness down so don't tell me that)

That's cuz your wifi is always on and your awake time is mostly on. Some app that requires internet is always running. Causing the drain.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

That's cuz your wifi is always on and your awake time is mostly on. Some app that requires internet is always running. Causing the drain.

I pretty much agree.

You need to shut down, or get rid of, anything that wants to use the internet while your phone is "sleeping".

I use MacroDroid to take care of that automatically for me, and here is my battery use for a typical day.

Attachments

• 22 Hrs on battery.jpg
    22 Hrs on battery.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 46

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems to wake up a lot while the screen isn't on, and the GPS also comes on as well. Do you really need GPS? That can eat up battery fairly quickly, even when coming on sporadically. Try changing your Location settings to Battery Saving (i.e., using only wi-fi and mobile data signals, but not GPS).

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems to wake up a lot while the screen isn't on, and the GPS also comes on as well. Do you really need GPS? That can eat up battery fairly quickly, even when coming on sporadically. Try changing your Location settings to Battery Saving (i.e., using only wi-fi and mobile data signals, but not GPS).

I did set it on that, and yeah I got the Snapdragon Battery guru app and it told me to leave the location services on

I just deleted it because it wasn't helping at all, that app might have been the issue in the first place

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

I pretty much agree.

You need to shut down, or get rid of, anything that wants to use the internet while your phone is "sleeping".

I use MacroDroid to take care of that automatically for me, and here is my battery use for a typical day.

I'm starting to feel interest in that Macrodroid. I've heard apps like these will cause battery drain.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm starting to feel interest in that Macrodroid. I've heard apps like these will cause battery drain.

Um no, some apps might, but I can assure you that MacroDroid is NOT an app that uses any noticeable amount of battery power.

Here is a list of my current macros:
All macros can be disabled/enabled without deleting them. I have a few that are on all the time.

Cell Tower Log
... this one logs all the tower changes that occur as I travel around. it is interesting and can help you to debug "loss of signal"

Internet OFF

senses screen status, screen is locked, WiFi and Data are turned OFF.

Internet ON
senses screen status, screen is unlocked, WiFi is enabled and Data is turned ON

Request Location
monitors my SMS and if the phrase "Whereareyou" ( no spaces ) is in a message, it will toggle on GPS, get a lock, and then send an SMS back to that person with a Google Link to my current location.

Ring Volume Max
senses screen status, screen is locked, Set Volume ( Ringer tone ) to maximum. Can't tell you how many times I have inadvertently toggled the Volume Down button to zero and then I missed extremely important phone calls. This macro Resets the Ringer Volume to max every time I put the phone to sleep. I also have installed an app called Disable Increasing Ring Volume * Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play this app eliminates that stupid silent ring and slow ramp up in ringer volume. My phone rings at Max Volume on the 1st ring every time now.

WiFi connected

sense that the WiFi has connected to a network somewhere, it then turns off DATA which protects my wallet from overcharge$.

Last edited:

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

My battery life was bad when I first got the s5. Now it's pretty good, as if it has become more efficient with use. I was manually shutting things down, but now I don't do anything and I pretty much get a full days use out of the battery. Currently has 28% at 15 hours 20 min.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

My battery life was bad when I first got the s5. Now it's pretty good, as if it has become more efficient with use. I was manually shutting things down, but now I don't do anything and I pretty much get a full days use out of the battery. Currently has 28% at 15 hours 20 min.

If I leave every thing turned on, my phone does about the same...

IIRC, the last time I did that, I took it off charger at 0500 and used the phone quite a bit during my work day.

Then at 2200 hours when I went to bed, the battery was some where between 40-50 percent. That is still very good.

again, I do not play games, nor do I use social networks much. An occasional look at Facebook for maybe 10 minutes.

I do read a lot of news wire stories, (speaking of which, did you hear about the guy who hacked a woman's head off at a Vaughn's Food plant in Moore, OK yesterday? ) that story ran 8 pages on CNN

I read the Android forum and a motorcycle forum...

of course the usual telco and SMS use.

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

If I leave every thing turned on, my phone does about the same...

IIRC, the last time I did that, I took it off charger at 0500 and used the phone quite a bit during my work day.

Then at 2200 hours when I went to bed, the battery was some where between 40-50 percent. That is still very good.

again, I do not play games, nor do I use social networks much. An occasional look at Facebook for maybe 10 minutes.

I do read a lot of news wire stories, (speaking of which, did you hear about the guy who hacked a woman's head off at a Vaughn's Food plant in Moore, OK yesterday? ) that story ran 8 pages on CNN

I read the Android forum and a motorcycle forum...

of course the usual telco and SMS use.

Yeah, those Islam extremist and their beheadings are ridiculous. Anyone who can justify that has some crazy issues.

That's about how I use my phone. News, tacoma and android forums. Occasional games.