Why isn't my Ford/Mercury Sync playing audio?

badwolf4799

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Ford/Mercury Sync no longer plays audio

My phone recently upgraded its software (wiping out everything on the phone in the process - thank you Verizon), and ever since it will no longer allow me to listen to audio through the sync Bluetooth. Doesn't even seem to want to work when hard wired into the console. Phone works fine for calls, just not audio. Verizon was clueless. Anyone have a similar experience and know how to fix? Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ford/Mercury Sync no longer plays audio

My phone recently upgraded its software (wiping out everything on the phone in the process - thank you Verizon), and ever since it will no longer allow me to listen to audio through the sync Bluetooth. Doesn't even seem to want to work when hard wired into the console. Phone works fine for calls, just not audio. Verizon was clueless. Anyone have a similar experience and know how to fix? Thanks
Go into Recovery and clear cache, then try reconnecting Bluetooth and see if the problem is fixed. With the device powered off, hold home+volume down (it might be volume up)+power on. When Recovery pops-up use volume down to highlight cache and power to accept. Reboot and let us know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress