How do I turn off my Sd Card Encryption Notification?

racer57

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Sd Card Encryption Notification

I have encrypted the SD card on my Verizon S5. Now there is a constant message in notifications:

SD card encryption
SD Card encrypted

Anyway to turn that off? I know it is encrypted,I had to take action to do that. It did this with KitKat and still doing it with Lollipop.

Call me anal, but I just like to keep notifications cleared out.

Jean R

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I would also love to know the answer to this question... my corporate policy requires the encryption, so I cannot disable it... and it's annoying as it always chews up one of the spots in the notifications area.

neal_andbob

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sd Card Encryption Notification

I have encrypted the SD card on my Verizon S5. Now there is a constant message in notifications:

SD card encryption
SD Card encrypted

Anyway to turn that off? I know it is encrypted,I had to take action to do that. It did this with KitKat and still doing it with Lollipop.

Call me anal, but I just like to keep notifications cleared out.

I got rid of it on S7 MM by going to applications-more-modify systems settings more - show system apps. It disappeared and hasn't come back.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Any further information on what to do or look

Long press and hold on the notification when it comes up and it should list the application. Once you get to the system apps list, you look for that application (more likely a process) and turn off notifications for it if you can.

machere69

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site

"Long press and hold on the notification when it comes up"

This actually brought up some options that allowed me to turn off the notification, so thanks for that!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa