Apps refreshing and going back to beginning when interrupted

Murielle Andriotty

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Every app im in, whenever i get an interruption like the alarm going on, when i turn it off, the app refreshes and goes back to the beginning. So if im using the browser to post something over the internet and the alarm turns on, when i turn it off, my page will refresh and i will loose everything i wrote.
It is the same when using the menu.
If i go to a specific tab, and then to a sub-tab, whenever i press the back button, i return to the beginnig of the menu, to the quick settings tab.
Another example, if im using any app, i get a message from whatsapp, if i read it and go to whatsapp to reply, when i get back to the app, it refreshes and goes back to the beginning
It's really bugging and i don't think it is normal.
I have Android Version 4.4.2

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
You may check this one under Developer options in settings:

Scroll down Under Apps section in developer > Do not keep activities > Make sure this is ticked off

Additionally, just below that option there is this "Limit Background Processes", set this one to default, Standard Limit.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Still, there are some apps that assume they're being closed when they lose the foreground, which makes them "start over". It's just the sign of a badly written app.