My s5 turns on but doesnt boot up.

Mendelman

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
All i get when i press power button is a fast flash of red text that says "odin: flash not found" and below "error:" and something that is too fast to read. what´s more is that it has stock ROM and i have never changed it. After this text the phone vibrates again and it goes on and on whit 20 second cycles of the same red text.
UPDATE: the second error text says "error: there is no battery"

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
All i get when i press power button is a fast flash of red text that says "odin: flash not found" and below "error:" and something that is too fast to read. what´s more is that it has stock ROM and i have never changed it. After this text the phone vibrates again and it goes on and on whit 20 second cycles of the same red text.

Hello and welcome to Android Central Mendelman!

Try wiping your phone's cache partition in Recovery Mode, as per the instructions and video in #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the welcome. i´ve watched the video but my phone won´t go on recovery mode.

It is not easy to boot into Recovery Mode and can take half a dozen attempts to get it right. If it will still not boot into Recovery Mode, you can download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code and flash it via Odin, as per the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Alternatively, take it to your nearest Samsung Service Point.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You almost need three hands to hold in all the buttons at the same time.

Press VOLUME UP and HOME with your left hand, then press and hold the POWER with your right hand.