Waze editing problem

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just started using Waze. I have many routes listed below FAVORITES. How do I get rid of them. Thanks.

Ps. What happened to the question icon?

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's actually a darned good question!

With no obvious solution (I tried most things), I went to Waze Settings -> Help Center -> searched for keyword "favorites" and found this:

Delete a favorite

Remove a favorite by following the steps below:

1. Tap the Menu icon.
  2. Tap on Favorites.
  3. Swipe to the right on the favorite you'd like to delete.
  4. Tap Delete.

Sounds simple, but I could not make it work...

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That's actually a darned good question!

With no obvious solution (I tried most things), I went to Waze Settings -> Help Center -> searched for keyword "favorites" and found this:

Sounds simple, but I could not make it work...

Thanks, but My problem is that what I want to delete, is not a FAVORITE.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but My problem is that what I want to delete, is not a FAVORITE.

I'm not sure I understand. You said, " I have many routes listed below FAVORITES. How do I get rid of them." And I said that you should be able to right-swipe them away (according to Waze FAQs) however it does not seem to work.

Do you mean the stuff which appears below Home, Work, Favorites, Calendar events?

Those you CAN just swipe right and then tap the trashcan which will appear alongside.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand. You said, " I have many routes listed below FAVORITES. How do I get rid of them." And I said that you should be able to right-swipe them away (according to Waze FAQs) however it does not seem to work.

Do you mean the stuff which appears below Home, Work, Favorites, Calendar events?

Those you CAN just swipe right and then tap the trashcan which will appear alongside.

You are quite right. Swiping does allow me to delete. I thought that the items below FAVORITES were FAVORITES. Thanks for your help but I'm sorry yours doesn't work. Thanks again.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You are quite right. Swiping does allow me to delete. I thought that the items below FAVORITES were FAVORITES. Thanks for your help but I'm sorry yours doesn't work. Thanks again.

No problem.

I can swipe away those "below the Favorites" also, however I cannot get rid of an actual "Favorite" once I create one. Seems like a bug, for sure.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Looked at trying Waze but reluctant with it needing permissions for what seems like your entire phone. Mic, camera, contacts, etc. I understand location....but really.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it seems intrusive, but they all really make sense.

Contacts so that you can get directions to a place simply by typing a person's or company's name (assuming in your contacts).
Mic so that you can speak commands to Waze without typing.
Camera so that you can take photos (accidents, traffic jams, buildings, whatever) along your route and share them (if you like) with the Waze community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty