Screen protectors

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know most people use tempered glass for their screen protectors. But can anyone recommend a good non glass screen protector for the S6 Active? I like the bodyguardz tempered glass but it just interferes with the buttons too much, too thick.

Thanks,
Rob

Posted via the Android Central App

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Supposedly zagg makes one but I don't see it listed. They told me if I boke my glass it would be replaced with the hdx or whatever it was called. You can email them.

Posted via the Android Central App on my GS6 Active

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll look at the Zaggs. Struggling to decide what to do. Glass is so nice(and expensive) but interferes with buttons too.

Chas9rr

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
It really says its explosion proof? They must have some awesome test facilities.
I think the marketing dept went a little crazy on that one...lol

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I think he wants something that is thinner than a glass protector. Amazon has a few film protectors.

muggy

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got one of the $6.99 glass protectors from ebay, it goes around the buttons but I have no problems with presses. I actually prefer it, because the button height is just about flush with the protector, making it easier to hold without pushing the buttons.

My minor gripe with the ebay one is that the edges could be rounder for a more premium look.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That's how the bodyguardz one is. Level with the buttons. It's not horrible but gets on my nerves. I think I'll give the glass protector y'all linked to above a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you will be happy with the zagg glass or the other cheap one.
The bodyguardz got ripped off my phone after a day. Been using the zagg glass ever since.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Using the pthink from amazon. For 8 it does the job. I have used them before and they work fine. I have not used a non glass screen protector in a while.

Posted via Nexus 6!

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think you will be happy with the zagg glass or the other cheap one.
The bodyguardz got ripped off my phone after a day. Been using the zagg glass ever since.

Why did you take off the Bodyguardz? What didn't you like about it?

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Why did you take off the Bodyguardz? What didn't you like about it?

I didn't like the recessed button feeling with the screen protector going all the way around the buttons. With the zagg it doesn't cover the bottom of the buttons.