ive noticed that my phone had a "Gear vr" screen so i did the "power and volume down" reset. it worked fine and i tried charging it due to low battery and now it won't even charge at all.. any body had this problem?
    09-06-2015 02:14 PM
    It could have water damage. Have you contacted Samsung about it?
    09-06-2015 06:04 PM
    note to self. Don't take my phone in the water. It's a hassle of it goes bad.
    09-08-2015 04:27 PM
    Samsung advertises this device as being water resistant according to ip68 standards. For it to not meet those standards is no fault of the consumer (unless you abuse, misuse, damage your device)

Their product manual states it is submersible up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes on the first page, yet the warranty says liquid damage is not covered.

Don't take it deep sea diving and don't leave it in the water longer than 30 mins.

Be patient with customer support and be prepared to explain everything.
    09-08-2015 09:56 PM
    Mine did that too, but I took a hair dryer to the port and after 5 or so minutes, it charged again. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 10:02 PM
    ive noticed that my phone had a "Gear vr" screen so i did the "power and volume down" reset. it worked fine and i tried charging it due to low battery and now it won't even charge at all.. any body had this problem?
    Seems to be a VERY common problem
    Try to dry out port with hair dryer
    09-10-2015 03:42 PM
    I'm really leery about taking mine underwater now!
    09-10-2015 04:32 PM
    Always suck the charging port out with a vacuum, then apply blow dryer for a minute or 2....after you submerge the phone. Condensation will hang around in the port, causing grounding issues when plugged in.....could even cause shock or fire. NEVER plug power in, until you've done those 2 things.
    pjniez likes this.
    09-22-2015 05:58 PM
    Always suck the charging port out with a vacuum, then apply blow dryer for a minute or 2....after you submerge the phone. Condensation will hang around in the port, causing grounding issues when plugged in.....could even cause shock or fire. NEVER plug power in, until you've done those 2 things.
    Good suggestion! I've seen this suggested several times and it seems to work. But if this is what needs to be done after the S6A is submerged, Samsung should not have done away with the micro USB cover! I've never had this problem with my S5 Active done it has the micro USB cover...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (with micro USB cover! :-) )

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    09-24-2015 09:30 AM
    I had some charging issues after I went in the pool with mine. Hairdryer helped it get back to normal.

I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4705682, however I haven't had the time or courage to bring it back into the pool. They kind of sit inside the charging port but they aren't really snug, so they feel like they'll fall out easily. They don't claim to be water proof, but I figured that if I had something in the port, it would help.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    09-24-2015 11:23 AM