Galaxy S6 edge+ Software Update!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Finally!!! I've been checking for updates multiple times a day every day for the past 2 weeks in hope to get a new OS upgrade that may solve the issue of random freezing of the phone when trying to unlock it.

Just received a 144 MB OS update for my unlocked international S6 edge+ 64GB 928C phone

Changelog:

- The stability of call has been improved
- Battery Usage Optimization
- The security of your device has been improved
- After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy

EDIT:

Even newer update is out npw with more stability improvements and better battery performance - AOJ6:

4sgpck.jpg

Last edited:

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine just popped up as well on my 928C. If you're using package disabler make sure you enable everything before updating.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine just popped up as well on my 928C. If you're using package disabler make sure you enable everything before updating.

I didn't use package disabler but I did disable Messenger + Hangouts from the Application Manager in the phone itself.

Is that a problem? I already did the update? :(

What shall I do now?

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't use package disabler but I did disable Messenger + Hangouts from the Application Manager in the phone itself.

Is that a problem? I already did the update? :(

What shall I do now?

It should be fine. It's just for package disabler since it disables core services that you wouldn't normally be able to disable without root.

Also, G928C got the update today but nothing on my G9287 so far.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It should be fine. It's just for package disabler since it disables core services that you wouldn't normally be able to disable without root.

Also, G928C got the update today but nothing on my G9287 so far.

Oh great! Thanks bro

now why didn't the OS version change if it claims all those bug fixes? I thought it should become Lollipop 5.1.2 right?

How to these OS updates work if the version didn't change?

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh great! Thanks bro

now why didn't the OS version change if it claims all those bug fixes? I thought it should become Lollipop 5.1.2 right?

How to these OS updates work if the version didn't change?

That's not entirely how it works. This isn't an Android version update, it's just a firmware update from Samsung. If you look under the "About Device" section you will see the Android version and the Samsung firmware version.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
That's not entirely how it works. This isn't an Android version update, it's just a firmware update from Samsung. If you look under the "About Device" section you will see the Android version and the Samsung firmware version.

Right, I really hope it fixes the random lock screen freeze issue. That's the only thing which took my stance about this phone from the initial "0 lag factory + snappy phone" to the worst phone I bought this year. I really want to use it as it was intended to, snappy + best camera.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
First thing I noticed is that now the battery drain on standby is fixed! Usually my battery life would drain from 100% to 70% in 2 hours even if I don't touch the phone! Now I went to the Gym and the battery life was 100%, finished the Gym after 2 hours and the battery life is still 97%!! This is how this phone should be.

Didn't experience the freezing bug so far but I guess this is too soon to judge yet as I had just done a factory reset after the firmware update just to ensure everything is 100% right.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
well the firmware is available on sammobile however it keeps saying my phone is up to date when I manually check for updates

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
First thing I noticed is that now the battery drain on standby is fixed! Usually my battery life would drain from 100% to 70% in 2 hours even if I don't touch the phone! Now I went to the Gym and the battery life was 100%, finished the Gym after 2 hours and the battery life is still 97%!! This is how this phone should be.

Didn't experience the freezing bug so far but I guess this is too soon to judge yet as I had just done a factory reset after the firmware update just to ensure everything is 100% right.
If the battery drops 30% in 2hrs while doing nothing, then there's seriously something not right. You should try to limit the amount of apps running in the background, or worst case reset your phone. Also, 3% drop in 2hrs is the norm for this phone. I usually get a 10% drop overnight on a 8hr sleep, night clock takes a few % more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez