Having issues charging battery

lozo0055

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey yall. Need some suggestions. So my s6 edge is having serious issues charging. I am not using the fast charger that came with the phone bc I read multiple articles saying that it was causing overheating and basically frying the internal components of the phone. So with that being said I am still using the USB cord that came with the phone but plug it into different wall mounted chargers. If I plug my phone in at 11pm, sometimes it won't be fully charged at 8am when I wake up. It will be at like 82%. But I notice when I use my car charger it charges much much faster. Even with Power saving mode turned on it barely charges. And yes it's plugged in properly, the charging icon is on. But I barely get any actual charge...

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you plug in with any of those chargers, go to Settings>Battery and tell us if it says Charging (AC) or Charging (USB). If it's the latter, then the current that the phone is drawing is pretty low because for some reason, it isn't recognizing the charger as an AC one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo