Samsung s6 edge Fingerprint reader not working properly

Nadeesh Herath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
After updating my S6 edge to 6.0.1 the fingerprint reader requires a pattern too to unlock the phone. Before installing this update i only needed to use the fingerprint to unlock the device where as now it does not prompt for the fingerprint at all times it needs a password/pattern. Is this a common issue for the 6.0.1 update? if not how can i resolve it?

BrutalhonestyM

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it is a common feature for the MM 6.0.1 update and not an issue in particular. This feature which is also already available to IOS users has been implemented for your own security purposes. Unfortunately as far as I am aware you cannot turn it off as is it's there for a reason. You can be compelled to provide your fingerprint and unlock your phone, under current U.S. law (if they have a warrant) but you cannot be forced to enter your password. A precedent was set by the Circuit Court of Virginia in October 2014, and recently upheld and reinforced by a federal court in February 2016 that your fingerprint is not protected by the 5th amendmen