Galaxy S6 Back cover and Battery IS REMOVABLE

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Though probably not as easy as the S5, it still is technically removable and you can change the battery if you follow the directions, its in the Galaxy S6 manual on page 138

Here is the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...M-G920F_UM_EU_Lollipop_Eng_Rev.1.0_150302.pdf

DISCLAIMER: Attempting this on your own is doing so at your own risk, and I am not responsible for any damage to your phone

HERE IS A VIDEO OF HOW IT WORKS (The video shows a Z3, but its the same process for the S6): http://youtu.be/gYDXuK_Hy3I

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Breaking the thing open is not the same thing as being user replaceable. Which is the reason you've got a disclaimer in your post. 😛

Why a video of the Xperia?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What? Why would anyone want to do this?

Totally agree. This is longest time that I have had the same model phone. I got my GS4 at its initial release. The GS6 battery will still fine when it is sold by the third-party seller when I get my next device whatever it is.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Breaking the thing open is not the same thing as being user replaceable. Which is the reason you've got a disclaimer in your post. ??????

Why a video of the Xperia?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Lol the video was to show how it was going to work for the S6, its the same process

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

You have reinvented yourself with a new business venture that you will need a great deal of venture capital to start.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
A determined person could simply remove the glass back and replace it with a removable plastic or wood panel.

I probably wouldn't do this either as it would mess up the looks of the phone, plus, not sure if the wireless charging coil is on the cover. If it is, you would lose that feature

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I probably would do this either as it would mess up the looks of the phone, plus, not sure if the wireless charging coil is on the cover. If it is, you would lose that feature

Good point but wouldn't be more likely closer to the aluminum frame. Not saying that it couldn't still be damaged.