Verizon WILL carry all storage options for the S6.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Any word on when the gold will be out for Verizon?

When I was pre-ordering at Best Buy yesturday they had a SKU sheet with gold for each carrier and in each size. Take it FWIW but it might be a tell of things to come.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

pmtwin

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
When I was pre-ordering St Best Buy yesturday they had a SKU sheet with gold for each carrier and in each size. Take it FWIW but it might be a tell of things to come.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks sandoff, hope its released sooner than later.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
What about the platinum gold one?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Nothing official sorry if I honestly knew I would tell you. It sounds very POSSIBLE but as of right now internal Verizon SKU only show the black / white models. That can change in the click of a mouse though ;)

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Online also or only in store?
Online will have limited stock and will just start to be put on back order shipping dates. So if you are planning on doing online be there right at launch to ensure your shipping date.

In store will be depend on your location. Example being, my store will pre-order anything available, but I will not carry the 128 model unless there is a demand. As most people are OK waiting 2 days to get that capacity in store as that is same time frame it takes to order online unless you make the next day cut off. General idea is we do not want a ton of $1000 devices in our inventory lol.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

inders99,

Sorry to say but the answer in no. If you are on a data share plan (i.e. Unlimited talk/text and X GB of data)
If you are not on an Edge plan the "line fee" is $40.
This sucks because AT&T does not do this. They give you the $15 "line fee" if you pay off device, BYOD, or do a Next plan and have 10+ GB.

Verizon "line fee" goes like this:

Contract: $40 line fee ( pay subsidized price, and $40 "upgrade" fee)
EDGE: 8GB or less: Line fee is $25 ( a $15 price cut )
Edge: 10GB or Higher: $15 Line fee ( Price cut of $25)
BYOD (bring your own device) Line fee: $40 ( you lose the discount )

The only way to make a line fee cheaper is to BYOD - Dumb phone - and the line fee is $20.

Hope this helps.

Not quite accurate on last count - Month-to-Month with BYOD Line Fee: $40 ($15 discount for 8GB or less data plan or $25 discount for 10GB or higher data plan - must be added as a "Feature" to existing account)

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Online will have limited stock and will just start to be put on back order shipping dates. So if you are planning on doing online be there right at launch to ensure your shipping date.

In store will be depend on your location. Example being, my store will pre-order anything available, but I will not carry the 128 model unless there is a demand. As most people are OK waiting 2 days to get that capacity in store as that is same time frame it takes to order online unless you make the next day cut off. General idea is we do not want a ton of $1000 devices in our inventory lol.

Can you confirm that if I order online it will be delivered on April 10th? Also, what about ordering multiple phones? I'm on a family share plan with 6 people and we all plan on getting the S6 in some form. Can I order all 6 for delivery? Can I have 3 delivered at one address and another 3 at a different address? At Best Buy I could order all of them separately, but they would all have to be in separate names and the person would have to show ID to pick them up in store. I just want all of them delivered to avoid lines and to make it easy for the people on the plan that don't get as excited about these things like I do.

Also, regarding plan changes, do you do that at the time of preorder or upon activation? Currently have a 2 year contract expiring and want everyone to switch to the edge plan to save $25/line.

Last edited:

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Any other Best Buy stores in your area that you can try? If not, maybe call the store and talk to a manager.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The salesperson at Best Buy just refused to pre-order for me because I am paying full retail without signing a contract. Can they do that?
I'm pretty sure they can't because that's how I pre-ordered mine. They even have instructions on how to do it so you should talk to a manager about it.
Best buy will price match!
Yep, I plan on getting them to price match when I pick mine up.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Are we talking 12:00AM on April 1st? Online?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Are we talking 12:00AM on April 1st? Online?
Are you asking if they will have a limited stock at launch? Obviously we have a ton of devices but just like the iPhone as soon as they hit a certain number they start to move the shipping dates back. Hence why this is a first come first serve system and why they are doing a pre-order to gauge sales and inventory flow.

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Nothing official sorry if I honestly knew I would tell you. It sounds very POSSIBLE but as of right now internal Verizon SKU only show the black / white models. That can change in the click of a mouse though ;)

Illusive, with verizon now saying gold is coming for launch, any update on BB allowing to preorder them? prefer to get it there for the free wireless charger. Still not showing online, but wasn't sure if I can still pop into a store tomorrow and put down a deposit. When I went on Friday, they said there wasn't a SKU for it golds on VZW