Samsung Galaxy S6 So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like this is the buggiest launch in Samsung history. Scrolling problems. Battery drain. High cell stand by and many others.
Samsung spent all its effort on being pretty this time like the iPhone, finally admitting that Apple was right, but obviously producing a very poor product. Other than the LG G3 launch, I can't recall a more bug/complaint filled forum at the launch of a high end device.
Apple certainly has nothing to worry about with this Samsung effort.

The battery drain and high cell standby are Android/Google problems, not Samsung problems, considering Google Play Services is sucking battery and it's effecting Nexus devices and other OEM's from what I've seen around a few forums. Not sure about the scrolling problems since I don't have any, but it doesn't seem like a end of the world, sales impacting issue from what I've read. Apple is no longer king of software, iOS 7 & 8 have had multitude of problems, but the iPhones still sell very well.

Large, if not massive, pre order volumes, devices selling out in places on launch day and after, sales being an almost 50/50 split between the S6 and S6 edge despite the higher price, and near universally good reviews don't point to a 'poor product'. Apple may not be shaking in their boots, not that a multi billion company as successful as Apple would ever really reach a 'oh god, the did something' moment from a single competitors product launch, but I don't think to many would argue that this is one of the most refined Galaxy phones to date.

Heck, I've shunned Samsung phones since the S2 and I even pre-ordered the the first minutes I could.

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

In sounds and notification dow at the bottom there is led indicater that turn led light off for charging

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Not true all you can do is turn the led off for all notifications you cannot select specific things like you could before

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

Finally, somebody that may try this, please try it and let us know, I hope it's just that, good luck.

Drain on 2.4 GHz with wifi and wifi calling on for the T-Mobile version seems to help. My drain was only 1.1% an hour.

Attachments

• 1429111089861.jpg
    1429111089861.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1429111095829.jpg
    1429111095829.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 28

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

Yeah. The drain was less for sure on my 2.4 GHz versus my 5 GHz.

Spread the words!!!, with your Ambassador title maybe people will listen to you more than what it seems they listen to me;)

willboyce

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm very happy. No probs here at all. I'm just trying to work out few things like knox security (do I need it)??

Posted via the Android Central App

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Loving the phone.. It's just that I can't get the sim card slot open and that is very annoying.

I was told to not lose that little tool that came with the phone for the sim card. Is that not working for you?

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Super happy with mine (s6, black, VZW). I traded in my s5 with no regrets. The Lollipop update and the update to fix the update did not play nice with my phone. At all.

Mine is running super smooth. I did do the animation thing from 1X to .5X in the developer menu. Pretty snappy.
My battery life has been variable. I took it to a ball game and took about 40 pictures (no flash), several short videos, sent some texts, did a few Google searches, etc. Went from 100% at 3 p.m. to 10% at 9:45. Didn't quite make it until the end of the ball game. We were losing anyway. The cell standby thing varies from 3-17%. The fast charger is really awesome, in my opinion. And I like the extra information you get about how much longer to charge, etc. And it seems pretty accurate.

I had to do a search for kid mode, but finally found it, downloaded it from the Galaxy store in the Galaxy folder and it's much better than the old one. My grandkids will be happy.

The themes are fun (I'm an old Blackberry user, so glad to see these) but the selection is limited. Tried a couple and they made the status bar hard to see because the color wasn't contrasty enough, and the icons were so "cute" that I couldn't see what some of them were very easily. I'm using the retro one and it's very cool. I'm guessing there will be many more to come.

Love the dedicated Google, VZW, folders etc. to keep all the stuff together. Easy to drag out what you want, leave the rest where it is. Much less clutter in the apps screen to to wade through.

Call quality is great, speaker sound is better than the s5. Haven't had a chance to mess with with adapt sound through the headset/earbuds. I'm a real fangirl of my iPod touch, so probably won't use this feature much.

Pretty. So pretty. But I did put a case on it. I hated to, but it's new so I'm babying it. I did try to use a little bit without the case, but I felt like I was going to drop it. I've always gone commando on the screen but I liked the salesperson's tempered glass screen protector so much that I got one too. So much better than the plastic for me. Optics are great, fingerprints wipe up with an alcohol lens wipe, and it never looks smeary.

I have had the auto screen dim go off and on, but it doesn't really bother me. It just gets brighter. Meh. I can live with it.

I like the new location of the right-hand on/off button being closer to the middle; easier for me to handle.

The camera: haven't been able to go through all the settings, but the double click to open the camera is an amazing feature for me. Click-click-boom I've got a camera and can start shooting. My friends with the iPhones (theirs were 6+ on ATT) missed pictures that I got. So I texted the pictures to them and they had them within a minute of my taking them. I'm not bashing iPhones--I have many Apple products (iPods, MacBook Pro, desktop, a couple of iPads) and my whole family uses nothing but iPhones.

The upgrade from s4 to the s5 was kind of more of the same to somewhat better, but the s5 to s6 is quite a jump and I'm having fun with it. I love holding it. I always disliked the plastic, the bezel would always look ratty quickly, even in a case. And the charging port situation on the s5 wasn't great--the little plastic door fell off after a month or two and didn't seem worth trying to fix it. Going back to the mini usb on the s6 was okay with me. I didn't want to take my s5 in the water, anyway, so no biggie.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Super happy with mine (s6, black, VZW). I traded in my s5 with no regrets. The Lollipop update and the update to fix the update did not play nice with my phone. At all.

Mine is running super smooth. I did do the animation thing from 1X to .5X in the developer menu. Pretty snappy.
My battery life has been variable. I took it to a ball game and took about 40 pictures (no flash), several short videos, sent some texts, did a few Google searches, etc. Went from 100% at 3 p.m. to 10% at 9:45. Didn't quite make it until the end of the ball game. We were losing anyway. The cell standby thing varies from 3-17%. The fast charger is really awesome, in my opinion. And I like the extra information you get about how much longer to charge, etc. And it seems pretty accurate.

I had to do a search for kid mode, but finally found it, downloaded it from the Galaxy store in the Galaxy folder and it's much better than the old one. My grandkids will be happy.

The themes are fun (I'm an old Blackberry user, so glad to see these) but the selection is limited. Tried a couple and they made the status bar hard to see because the color wasn't contrasty enough, and the icons were so "cute" that I couldn't see what some of them were very easily. I'm using the retro one and it's very cool. I'm guessing there will be many more to come.

Love the dedicated Google, VZW, folders etc. to keep all the stuff together. Easy to drag out what you want, leave the rest where it is. Much less clutter in the apps screen to to wade through.

Call quality is great, speaker sound is better than the s5. Haven't had a chance to mess with with adapt sound through the headset/earbuds. I'm a real fangirl of my iPod touch, so probably won't use this feature much.

Pretty. So pretty. But I did put a case on it. I hated to, but it's new so I'm babying it. I did try to use a little bit without the case, but I felt like I was going to drop it. I've always gone commando on the screen but I liked the salesperson's tempered glass screen protector so much that I got one too. So much better than the plastic for me. Optics are great, fingerprints wipe up with an alcohol lens wipe, and it never looks smeary.

I have had the auto screen dim go off and on, but it doesn't really bother me. It just gets brighter. Meh. I can live with it.

I like the new location of the right-hand on/off button being closer to the middle; easier for me to handle.

The camera: haven't been able to go through all the settings, but the double click to open the camera is an amazing feature for me. Click-click-boom I've got a camera and can start shooting. My friends with the iPhones (theirs were 6+ on ATT) missed pictures that I got. So I texted the pictures to them and they had them within a minute of my taking them. I'm not bashing iPhones--I have many Apple products (iPods, MacBook Pro, desktop, a couple of iPads) and my whole family uses nothing but iPhones.

The upgrade from s4 to the s5 was kind of more of the same to somewhat better, but the s5 to s6 is quite a jump and I'm having fun with it. I love holding it. I always disliked the plastic, the bezel would always look ratty quickly, even in a case. And the charging port situation on the s5 wasn't great--the little plastic door fell off after a month or two and didn't seem worth trying to fix it. Going back to the mini usb on the s6 was okay with me. I didn't want to take my s5 in the water, anyway, so no biggie.

Also a RIM convert via the GS3 to the GS4 and now the GS6. Quite a bump in performance, features and speed. Haven't really seen any themes that interest me yet but I am sure that more are coming. Wish they would segregate them so that you are looking just at themes and by newest to oldest.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am beyond happy so far. This phone is BLOWING away the Droid Turbo, that phone was so overrated. Especially the battery.

Everything about it feels like an upgrade to me, battery life isn't bad, but I do have wireless chargers at work and at home now, so that takes care of a lot of issues anyway.

All good here.

clmazda

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with mine and battery life is good! I get between 18-22 hours.

The phone is really fast, screen is awesome as well!

Posted with my Galaxy S6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa