Samsung Galaxy S6 Wireless charging with Palm Touchstone.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this is a terribly dumb question, but will the S6 work with the old Palm Touchstone charging puck? I have a couple sitting around and would love to give them a second life.

Posted via the Android Central App

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wireless charging with Palm Touchstone.

If I could find a USB cable thin enough to fit in one of my Touchstones, I could tell you, but I can't.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

If I could find a USB cable thin enough to fit in one of my Touchstones, I could tell you, but I can't.

That was the most frustrating thing about the touchstones. They were aome of the most well designed accesories for a smartphone ever, but the fact that you had to use that one cable was infuriating.

I sold my touchstones when I traded my pre in for the htc evo, otherwise I would test it out for you. Would be interested in seeing if the size difference in the phones makes a difference.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Just tried, it doesn't work. I still have my pre plus and pre 3 in the closet with their original cables and touchstone. It was a nice trip down memory lane, man if only webos made it, such a shame.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Just tried, it doesn't work. I still have my pre plus and pre 3 in the closet with their original cables and touchstone. It was a nice trip down memory lane, man if only webos made it, such a shame.

I'm surprised it doesn't work. Especially since this phone supports both kinds of wireless charging.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm surprised it doesn't work. Especially since this phone supports both kinds of wireless charging.

The Palm was ahead of its time with wireless charging (and such else, alas) , and had its own system. It isn't compatible with the two current standards.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

The more I use my ZTE, the more firefox os reminds me of webOS. So much similarities, from universal search of histories, apps, to the card UI.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Bummer. Thanks for checking. That's one of the things I miss most from my Pre. Luckily I got 1 free wireless charger from ordering through Best Buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress