How can I stop my Samsung S6 lock screen from disabling GPS?

A

AC Question

Samsung S6 Lock Screen Disables GPS- Help!

I have a Samsung S6 Edge. Every time I turn on GPS, either High Accuracy or Battery Saver.. whenever I lock my phone... i lose that GPS signal. Everytime time I wake it back up or unlock it..i will see a "searching for location", then a "location found". This happens for ALL application, Google Maps, Verizon Navigotor, MapMyRun, etc. This is very frustrating as I use these apps all the time and I cant keep my phone 'unlocked' as then the screen is active and I would accidently click things.

ADDITIONALLY, after using the GPS, I will then shut off the location feature and then my phone will continually say "searching for location", even with location off. I close all my current applications etc.. and it still says searching. This message does not go away until i turn back on location or restart my phone.

When I go to location settings, i see "recent location requests" of "Google Play services" and Location Services of "Google Location History".. that is it!

Any idea's how i can fix? I am about to the point of wiping out my phone and starting over. (which i dont want to do)

I have not battery saver or app killers downloaded on my phone so that cant be it.

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

-Tyler

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 Lock Screen Disables GPS- Help!

I'd try wiping the phone with a hard reset but if it continues my guess would be to replace the hardware.

Ted54321

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 Lock Screen Disables GPS- Help!

I'd try wiping the phone with a hard reset but if it continues my guess would be to replace the hardware.

Is there any fix for this .as as soon as the phone lock goes on or I hide the run keeper app the Gps switches off.I want it always on as I use my phone to track my location and distance while walking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non