Looks like I'm going in for S6 #3...

Motohead

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to exchange this phone... again. The first one had a glitchy recent-apps button that would bring up the recent apps list randomly, even while typing. Now the replacement has a smudge on the screen that won't go away. It has been there since day one (Monday) and no matter how many times I wipe it off, it keeps coming back. I've read about issues with the screen coating and I think that is what it is. Water beads on it differently than the rest of the screen and a screen cleaning wipe couldn't touch it.

This is my third generation galaxy phone (Captivate, gs3) and I really like it, but boy I'm getting tired of setting it up from scratch.

Anyone else having manufacturing issues? The phone seems to be selling well (high volume production), and there are bound to be errors, but two in a week is a lot (for one consumer).

-Drew

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
That's quite unfortunate and unlucky for you to be having so many issues. But you know what they say, third times the charm. I've had my S6 for about a week now and so far its been pretty flawless. Even battery life seems to be quite good after doing some tweaks. Hopefully you won't have any more issues with your next one!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I like the phone quite a bit and there isn't anything else that I would want to trade it for, but I'm a little gun shy now.
Go to another store of the same carrier. Exchange it. Before you leave, test everything to make you are happy with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems. Mine has been solid

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you still rocking the a Defender or is that another moderator?
Must be someone else. Right now I have a verus thor. I had a spigen Neo Hybrid but aside from the false advertising about metalized buttons when I bought it (spigen didn't even offer to let me return when contacted) , I didn't really like how easy it was to press the buttons.

I will be getting a ballistic tough jacket too for when I need more protection.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Now the replacement has a smudge on the screen that won't go away. It has been there since day one (Monday) and no matter how many times I wipe it off, it keeps coming back. I've read about issues with the screen coating and I think that is what it is. Water beads on it differently than the rest of the screen and a screen cleaning wipe couldn't touch it.
I had the exact same problem and had to warranty exchange it. It was more prominent when it was colder, so if you rubbed the screen, the heat from the friction would make it go away temporarily.

20150424_013108(1).jpg

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Third time wasn't the charm for me. Sent three back without even activating because of scratched home buttons. It's amazing A) that they ship them like that and B) that I got three damaged ones. Must be from same bad batch. Unfortunately, I can't get one in the store (128GB). Don't know if I'm just going to call it a day and wait for the next "great" phone. Verizon is taking forever to process my returns and issue another one. This all started with an order over a month ago.

lando43

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry ,you won't find a GS6 that is good enough for you ,so you better start looking for another brand, maybe you'll find a LG G4 in perfect condition, anyway ,good look to you in your search for the truth

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry ,you won't find a GS6 that is good enough for you ,so you better start looking for another brand, maybe you'll find a LG G4 in perfect condition, anyway ,good look to you in your search for the truth

My s6 and s6 edge were flawless on delivery. For this much money it should be perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the post. I tried to talk myself into keeping the last one but it just isn't right. Every time I would have picked up the phone in the future there would be scratches in the most obvious part of the phone to remind me. Also, I'd question keeping it every time the fingerprint scanner didn't work. If I did it, it's one thing. However, NIB should not look used. The phone is $800.

Thank you for supporting me 1964.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
You did the right thing by returning it, good luck with your next phone.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had 3 phones already. The first 2 were edges and now I have the s6. The first two, the screens stopped rotating. I'm hoping this one will be OK. I didn't get a third edge because I was so frustrated and besides, I really didn't need the curved screen.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Bit the bullet and tried one more time. Verizon sent me a 4th 128GB and it has the same issue. I can't believe that it seems nobody at either Verizon or Samsung cares to address the packaging and quality control. I appreciate that Verizon sent me another phone but this is really disappointing. I really wanted this phone. I bought 6 or 7 cases and a couple of screen protectors (Amazing that a cheap case comes in better condition than a phone). I even bought two wireless chargers- what a waste? I started with Palm and spent the last 5+ years with Android. I think I'll just wait it out until next fall and do what I originally thought was unthinkable. At least I will get a quality device. Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• 4thS6.jpg
    4thS6.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 30

Mnewmanrealtor

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Please let me know if you had any issues with the texting alerts. I will get an initial alert when I receive a text but while in conversation none. If I walk away from the phone I have no idea the person answered. I have to keep exiting the software. It happens also on Hangout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty