Why aren't push notifications working on certain wifi networks?

amacnutt

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
push notifications not working on certain wifi networks

Does anyone know if it's possible for certain wifi networks to affect push notifications? For example, my notifications from USAToday come through on my home wifi network, but not on my work wifi network. However, the notifications came through on both networks just fine using my GS4. Could it be a lollipop thing? Or just a GS6 thing? Would it be because of the way the network is configured, like possibly extra security on my work wifi? Any way to fix this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: push notifications not working on certain wifi networks

It could possibly mess with them. More in the sense that the wifi network your on may not allow certain apps / services to connect. Almost like at home you can go to whatever websites you want .. whereas at work you may hit a "blocked" message for things your company / IT department do not want you to access.

Last edited by a moderator:

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I think it's a network thing. I have the same thing on my work wifi. Most of my notifications don't come through. At home wifi, no issues, everything comes through.

Same thing happened with my prior phones as well.

jcrutchvt2010

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely yes. I have a T-Mobile S6 and I wasn't getting any push notifications on my home network with the screen locked. Seemed to have no problems at all on other wifi networks. Turned out to be an IPV6 issue. I disabled IPV6 in my home router settings and this immediately corrected the issue. Hopefully this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non