Verizon S6 5.1. OTA?

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So today(5-15) I saw online that T-Mobile USA released the 5.1.1 OTA for there branded Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, so any info on when the Verizon branded version is coming out? I'm having multiply major bugs(wifi, memory, and lagging) across 3 different S6 devices(original device and 2 replacements) since launch day. Also, the Verizon Branded OTA that just came out brought me new bugs like with Google voice to text giving me 2 new bugs and making it unusable. Also, apps are freezing like crazy and ends up freezing the whole phone and when I try to lock the phone with the power button when an app is freezing it opens up the camera instead of locking the phone and most of the time I have to restart the phone when this happens and it happens quite often, but only started after the Verizon OTA. Also, from launch day(across all 3 devices) I been having memory issues with the phone, it tells me it has between 1GB-1.2GB of total memory on the phone and I only have 748MB total available with only very few apps on the phone at the moment, everything closed and all the bloatware gone off the phone. I herd that the Verizon OTA we just got was suppose to fix the memory issue, but apparently for me it did nothing at all with the memory on my phone. and lastly I'm having the major wifi bug a lot of us are having witch for me started on the 6th day after launch and never worked again even after I had 3 different devices and still the same thing is still ongoing, and in fact the Verizon OTA we just got made the wifi bug even worst then before.

So the 5.1.1 OTA is really needed for me to fix these ongoing and new bugs I'm having and after 2 months I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for patches to come out!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So today(5-15) I saw online that T-Mobile USA released the 5.1.1 OTA for there branded Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, so any info on when the Verizon branded version is coming out? I'm having multiply major bugs(wifi, memory, and lagging) across 3 different S6 devices(original device and 2 replacements) since launch day. Also, the Verizon Branded OTA that just came out brought me new bugs like with Google voice to text giving me 2 new bugs and making it unusable. Also, apps are freezing like crazy and ends up freezing the whole phone and when I try to lock the phone with the power button when an app is freezing it opens up the camera instead of locking the phone and most of the time I have to restart the phone when this happens and it happens quite often, but only started after the Verizon OTA. Also, from launch day(across all 3 devices) I been having memory issues with the phone, it tells me it has between 1GB-1.2GB of total memory on the phone and I only have 748MB total available with only very few apps on the phone at the moment, everything closed and all the bloatware gone off the phone. I herd that the Verizon OTA we just got was suppose to fix the memory issue, but apparently for me it did nothing at all with the memory on my phone. and lastly I'm having the major wifi bug a lot of us are having witch for me started on the 6th day after launch and never worked again even after I had 3 different devices and still the same thing is still ongoing, and in fact the Verizon OTA we just got made the wifi bug even worst then before.

So the 5.1.1 OTA is really needed for me to fix these ongoing and new bugs I'm having and after 2 months I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for patches to come out!

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from the reports I'm seeing on the T-Mobile update, people aren't seeing their problems fixed (memory, battery, etc). It's early so who can say for sure, but the initial reports don't look good. Also, I've been with Verizon for a LONG time, and history tells me they will be the last of the big 4 to release the update. I've learned if I expect it 1-3 months after the first major US carrier rolls out the update, I might not be disappointed.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I am on AT&T and don't mind the wait. Reading the two posts about 5.1.1, and knowing about the previous updates, I'm beginning to see AT&T is being cautious although I'd like them to have the bugs worked out and release the 5.1.1 update already!!!!! LOL

Posted via the Android Central App

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from the reports I'm seeing on the T-Mobile update, people aren't seeing their problems fixed (memory, battery, etc). It's early so who can say for sure, but the initial reports don't look good. Also, I've been with Verizon for a LONG time, and history tells me they will be the last of the big 4 to release the update. I've learned if I expect it 1-3 months after the first major US carrier rolls out the update, I might not be disappointed.

If this is the case wow man, how disappointing in this day and age that it's taking this long to fix things that should of never been broken in the 1st place. Also, I was told by the highest level of support(4th level) that we are going to get this update in June and I hope Verizon meant it when they said that

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
If this is the case wow man, how disappointing in this day and age that it's taking this long to fix things that should of never been broken in the 1st place. Also, I was told by the highest level of support(4th level) that we are going to get this update in June and I hope Verizon meant it when they said that

VZ 4ht level support......that's scary.

anon(367661)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a replacement S6 because of the ota update. It killed the mic. so when I called or someone called me nobody could hear me. SAMSUNG AT Best Buy applied a clean o/s from there laptop and it didn't fix.

Last edited:

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting a replacement S6 because of the ota update. It killed the mic. so when I called or someone called me nobody could hear me. SAMSUNG AT Best Buy applied a clean is from there laptop and it didn't fix.

Good luck man, I already had 3 replacements and nothing changed at all for me

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
VZ 4ht level support......that's scary.
Yep it is, and they don't really have answers, if you only know what I been through(with Verizon and Samsung). Also, a month and a half ago I was promised a call back from Samsung executive customer support after they put me on a recorded line so they can get all the problems directly from the horses mouth and not miss anything to forward to the engineers. They went on to say good or bad they would call me back with info from the engineers, and well no call back at all. On top of that I saw on another forum that someone else from the USA with a Verizon branded S6 called Samsung and spoke to every department in the USA even corporate, they even want as far as calling Samsung's world wide headquarters in Hong Kong and not a single person would admit a thing is wrong with the phone. They kept saying that there are no bugs with the phone and theres nothing coming out to fix anything because nothing is wrong with the phone at all. I believe that person because for 2 months now every time I called Samsung USA they said the samthing to me

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a replacement S6 because of the ota update. It killed the mic. so when I called or someone called me nobody could hear me. SAMSUNG AT Best Buy applied a clean is from there laptop and it didn't fix.

What? can't hear you! :)

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Verizon just put out an update! they said no new updates!

I know they just did, but I was told from all levels of support that I spoke to(levels 1-4) multiple times that 5.1.1 for Verizon is coming out in June. Even one of the Verizon reps did a 30 minute internal investigation and called me back and he even told me the samething after he did the investigation.

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Might as well talk to a couple of trees in the forest. :p
Why? Lol what's wrong with talking to 4th level of support? and I didn't have to go through all levels of support to get to the 4th level I went from level 1 directly to the 4th level because the guy at level 1 was smart enough to know that my issues were very very severe.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I know they just did, but I was told from all levels of support that I spoke to(levels 1-4) multiple times that 5.1.1 for Verizon is coming out in June. Even one of the Verizon reps did a 30 minute internal investigation and called me back and he even told me the samething after he did the investigation.
I was being facetious. I have No clue when, where, who, what, or why VZW is putting out updates. Heck, I don't even use VZW. :)