Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been considering going back to android but I really like the text messages going to my iPad. Honestly iOS 7 & 8 have been very buggy and glitchy for me. My iP6 stutters all the time. iOS 6 and iP5 was the best it got.

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You do realize that people can cherry pick articles that" prove " that Lollipop crashes more than IOS, right? You are aware of that aren't you? I'm pretty sure in your Google searches you came across such articles but of course ignored those because they don't prove your case.
Your second to last sentence should have read like this:
"and yet after all those articles I CHERRY PICKED, people still percieve that iOS crashes less even counter to the evidence."

Go ahead and link the articles. I linked article that went back a few operating systems iterations. But then again you probably know better than everyone anyways.
You can love on iOS all you want, but iOS is prone to failures and unstable as windows and Android . Unfortunately Americans are sheep and easily led by sleek advertising.

Posted via the Android Central App

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Go ahead and link the articles. I linked article that went back a few operating systems iterations. But then again you probably know better than everyone anyways.
You can love on iOS all you want, but iOS is prone to failures and unstable as windows and Android . Unfortunately Americans are sheep and easily led by sleek advertising.

This is simply not true..at least not for me and many other ppl I know. I cant speak for Windows phone because I never used one but I've had extensive use of both Android and iOS and iOS is 10x more stable. Is iOS perfect? of course not. But I rarely have lag, crashes or bugs when using my iPhone. My S6 had app crashes, weird glitches (wifi turning on/off by itself) lag when switching between apps, stutter scrolling web browsers and I can go on. My wifes S5 is doing the same thing, she cant wait to can go back to iPhone when her contract is up. Dont get me wrong, there are many things Android does well and I know there are alot of ppl very satisfied with it and thats great but iOS is not as unstable as Android. Even most Android users will admit that. Has nothing to do with sleek advertising. Even if i got a iPhone because I was sucked in by the ads if it didnt work well I wouldnt use it...period. No amount of advertising will get me to keep a product that sucks.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Looking at some of these posts, I would not be happy if I had to choose between Android and iOS. It's fun to use both as I don't feel like I'm missing out on a thing.

Sent from the Elegance

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I might get the new ipod touch apple released. That way I get both android and iOS :D I don't want to flat out buy an iPhone because that's really expensive and the ipod touch should suffice my iOS needs

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think I might get the new ipod touch apple released. That way I get both android and iOS :D I don't want to flat out buy an iPhone because that's really expensive and the ipod touch should suffice my iOS needs

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6
Good idea.

from the Elegance

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thread has grown legs. I have a 6+ and an S6. No desire to use the 6+ as a DD. Too dang boring. Glad my S6 is one of the seemingly few solid ones. Android is so much more fun and interesting.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this thread has grown legs. I have a 6+ and an S6. No desire to use the 6+ as a DD. Too dang boring. Glad my S6 is one of the seemingly few solid ones. Android is so much more fun and interesting.
I dare say that some folks may be so busy with their lives elsewhere that they totally overlook the entertainment value that their phones OS itself could be providing.

from the Elegance

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, the camel's back just broke for me. I'm going to go buy another phone tonight. I don't know whether it will be an iPhone or something like the G4 but I'm leaning towards the iPhone. Was doing some testing tonight with this S6 because I've had a LOT of problems with the wifi when being used in our RV. I thought it was the RV's wireless router so I grabbed an old S4 that we have lying around (have lots of old phones) and tested it on the same wireless and it worked flawlessly, while the S6 had lots of problems. That did it for me. It's got to go, I'll just buy something else tonight and figure out what to do with this S6 later. I don't feel like selling it to someone when I know it has wireless issues. I irritated enough that I'm not interested in having Samsung take a look at it, keep for a few weeks and then send it back unfixed.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, the camel's back just broke for me. I'm going to go buy another phone tonight. I don't know whether it will be an iPhone or something like the G4 but I'm leaning towards the iPhone. Was doing some testing tonight with this S6 because I've had a LOT of problems with the wifi when being used in our RV. I thought it was the RV's wireless router so I grabbed an old S4 that we have lying around (have lots of old phones) and tested it on the same wireless and it worked flawlessly, while the S6 had lots of problems. That did it for me. It's got to go, I'll just buy something else tonight and figure out what to do with this S6 later. I don't feel like selling it to someone when I know it has wireless issues. I irritated enough that I'm not interested in having Samsung take a look at it, keep for a few weeks and then send it back unfixed.
You can always use it as a media player or use it as a backup phone.

from the Elegance

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I know that you have already made up your mind, but that also means that you are willing to begin from scratch, SO, before you do something else with your S6, do yourself a favor and try this one more time.

Do a backup of your files like music, pictures, videos, ringtones and others with Smart Switch for PC, forget everything else, then enter to Recovery Mode and do the wipe cache partition and then a Wipe Data/Full reset, once your device reboots, set it up as a new device, no restore from Google, your apps can always be downloaded later, then restore your backed up files and see how it behaves.

Just to give you an idea of what I think at least between the S6 and LG G4, I owned a G4 when it was released last month and after 8 days I returned it and got an unlocked Blue Topaz S6 to add to my S6 edge, and last week I got an S6 Active, unlocked to be used with T-mobile, the best 3 phones I've had in my life, this Active is now my Daily driver and it's simply amazing, giving me 9 hoirsnof SoT with all the same features, display and camera than the other 2, no fingerprint but you gain water, dust and shock resistant.

Just saying...

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This is simply not true..at least not for me and many other ppl I know. I cant speak for Windows phone because I never used one but I've had extensive use of both Android and iOS and iOS is 10x more stable. Is iOS perfect? of course not. But I rarely have lag, crashes or bugs when using my iPhone. My S6 had app crashes, weird glitches (wifi turning on/off by itself) lag when switching between apps, stutter scrolling web browsers and I can go on. My wifes S5 is doing the same thing, she cant wait to can go back to iPhone when her contract is up. Dont get me wrong, there are many things Android does well and I know there are alot of ppl very satisfied with it and thats great but iOS is not as unstable as Android. Even most Android users will admit that. Has nothing to do with sleek advertising. Even if i got a iPhone because I was sucked in by the ads if it didnt work well I wouldnt use it...period. No amount of advertising will get me to keep a product that sucks.

Oh your anecdotal experience damns all Android to being inferior to iOS when your usage case is strictly Samsung. The studies I linked show iOS is just as unstable if not more so.. But then again you probably love the "it just works" advertising mantra.
That is fine that you love iOS, and we know that you will justify your choice of having iPhone by telling us how many android devices you have had, and all the issues you have endured and how you like Android features but it is so unstable and laggy.
It is fine your choice of products is iOS you do not have to justify anything to us.. We all believe you owned every Android device and all were terrible and inferior to iOS, but we still believe you like aspects of Android.

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I know that you have already made up your mind, but that also means that you are willing to begin from scratch, SO, before you do something else with your S6, do yourself a favor and try this one more time.

Do a backup of your files like music, pictures, videos, ringtones and others with Smart Switch for PC, forget everything else, then enter to Recovery Mode and do the wipe cache partition and then a Wipe Data/Full reset, once your device reboots, set it up as a new device, no restore from Google, your apps can always be downloaded later, then restore your backed up files and see how it behaves.

Just to give you an idea of what I think at least between the S6 and LG G4, I owned a G4 when it was released last month and after 8 days I returned it and got an unlocked Blue Topaz S6 to add to my S6 edge, and last week I got an S6 Active, unlocked to be used with T-mobile, the best 3 phones I've had in my life, this Active is now my Daily driver and it's simply amazing, giving me 9 hoirsnof SoT with all the same features, display and camera than the other 2, no fingerprint but you gain water, dust and shock resistant.

Just saying...

I love you are trying to help these guys, but from reading the posts no matter what you say they will all be going back to Apple. They have already convinced themselves that iOS is better, and nothing you say or prove will change that. To justify their decision they will list all the android devices they have had and invent issues they have encountered, then to patronize the community they will say there are features in Android they like but iOS "Just works" better for them.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Nothing wrong with preferring one OS over the other. I happen to prefer Android over iOS but I still like iOS fine. Android isn't and doesn't need to be superior just because this is an Android forum. In fact, neither does iOS. Some will prefer iOS and some will prefer Android. Once again, both are pretty slick and if you can enjoy both I think you get the most.

from the Elegance

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh your anecdotal experience damns all Android to being inferior to iOS when your usage case is strictly Samsung. The studies I linked show iOS is just as unstable if not more so.. But then again you probably love the "it just works" advertising mantra.
That is fine that you love iOS, and we know that you will justify your choice of having iPhone by telling us how many android devices you have had, and all the issues you have endured and how you like Android features but it is so unstable and laggy.
It is fine your choice of products is iOS you do not have to justify anything to us.. We all believe you owned every Android device and all were terrible and inferior to iOS, but we still believe you like aspects of Android.

While anecdotal evidence isn't the best for everything, in this case anecdotal evidence is all he or she needs. If iOS works better for somebody it simply does. There's no amount of studies that can change his or her experience.

I use both platforms, and love both platforms. I try not to use the stability claim very often anymore (even though I prolly do), and say consistent. iOS is more consistent than Android in my personal use. Of course, some people can view consistency as boring because iOS works how it works and there's not a whole lot other than jailbreaking to change that.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it's about time that anyone can install any OS they want on any device, or have a multi-boot option. People could then buy an OS if it is not standard supply for that device. Paying would go against Linux open source distribution principles, though. Ubuntu have a phone OS, but even that is restricted to their phones.

Would it be so bad having a traditionally Android phone running IOS or an iPhone running Android or whatever OS?

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been considering moving from my S6 to an iPhone 6 plus. My reasons are different from any of those I've read in here though. I also get the serious lag in using the built in keyboard but that hasn't been a deal breaker for me. The thing that has me contemplating moving to Apple is this, I'm just plain tired of being nothing more than a pair of eyes for Google's advertising!

The firsts purpose of Android, as designed by Google, is an as advertising conduit. To shove advertising at its users. This is how Google makes it's money. They don't make money by selling android to the phone manufacturers, but in fact, made android highly attractive by making it mostly open source so HTC, Samsung, LG etc. can use it freely on their devices. The fact that it is a smartphone OS is how they push their advertising to everyone using it. They gather data on their users like crazy in order to make their advertising "relevant".

Since getting the S6 (on day 1), I've noticed a strong increase on the amount and type of advertising. At first I thought it was probably a rogue app (I download few apps) so I cleared the cache and reset the phone. Well, the advertising onslaught continued. I'm just fed up to my eyeballs with it. I'm not so concerned about the data mining because I have nothing to hide, but, by the same token I wouldn't like the idea of someone peeking through my windows at me while I was at home watching TV, nothing to hide, but I prize my privacy for the simple reason that I have a right to it.

I know there will be few (if any) who will likely agree with me in this forum and in this thread, but these are my thoughts and even though I've used android as an OS almost since the beginning of android, I am now seriously giving thought to jumping ship. It's a hard choice after all this time so I'm in no hurry, but every time an ad jumps up in my face on my S6 I seem to nudge a little closer to making the switch.

What advertising do you get? I don't receive any Google ads at all, of any other advertising. Mind you, I don't have Google Play or Google Services on my phone. So, I don't think it is an Android problem, but a Google Play or services one. If it's not Google, it could be bloat from your carrier.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if the S6 had been thick enough to house a 3000mah battery if it would have messed up the aesthetics Samsung was pursuing. I guess if it had been thicker than the iPhone Samsung may have felt it wasn't svelte enough. That's too bad as I think a lot of customers and the press would have been happier.

from the Elegance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress