Battery Life is despicable

gatormiss

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Man... where do I start. I'm tired of carrying my damn charger around. I'm tired of looking around my friends' house's for a plug to charge my phone. I'm tired of asking the bartender to plug in my charger. I'm tired of being around all of my friends with their 85% charged phone and mine is dead. I'm tired of having to turn on "Battery Saving Mode" just to pretend I have a decently capable phone of lasting me some time... when it doesn't even compare to others'.

I know the iPhone is the "comparable" phone to this... but not in my book. I DESPISE Apple. It all started when I had perfectly capable iTouch's, and they all died. All 6 of them. My hatred furthered itself when the iPod I bought my Mom for Christmas died randomly, and she never dropped it, spilled anything on it, etc. She bought 3 more, and they all died.

So anyways, the screenshots that always accompany these threads:

I would say I am a heavy user, with Snapchat being the app I use most.... but please explain why others that use apps just as much as me can last the whole day up to 40% with no problem!? I pray I don't have to go to an iPhone but I'm just sick of this...

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That shows you've used the battery down to 75%. As I had indicated above, it's more useful if you use it down to 20-30% (not down by 20-30%), so that we can get a good picture of what's been using battery for almost an entire battery charge.

If there's no way to see what your cell signal strength has been like, try installing GSam Battery Monitor, which can give you more details.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
When I did a factory reset on my S6 my battery life improved noticeably. Now I've updated to 5.1.1 and noticed a bit of a decrease in battery life again although not as bad as it was before. I may try a factory reset again when it really starts to bug me and when I have more time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I just disabled sync and location and use mostly WiFi get more than 5 hours and near 6 hours always.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you turn off 'Always allow scanning' in the WiFi advanced menu?

That dropped my Cell Standby to 1% (was high) and gave a huge boost to my battery.

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
There's no reason to go Apple. There's plenty of other better android options out there for battery life. Get an LG G2.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
There's no reason to go Apple. There's plenty of other better android options out there for battery life. Get an LG G2.

Is G2 much better than G3? Cause the G3 performance is equal to my S6

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
There is no need to get another phone, but you have a definite hardware issue, particularly battery issues. Even playing Asphalt 8 for 4 hours straight I can't kill my S6 battery.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

dkp23

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So I just moved from a 6+ to an s6, i havent used a galaxy s device since s4 which had decent battery life.

I am pretty shocked on how bad this battery is, it just drains immediately off the charger. In my history of using phones which included a number of windows phone, iphoens and galaxy s (s3,s4, now s6), i try to measure the usage based on what i have in certain periods of the day. Like by lunch, with my iphone just twittering/facebooking randomly donig work, i'd have maybe 95% at least in battery with no special adjustments to the settings. By the time i leave work, i'd have probably 50-70% as i use it more during lunch and the remainder of the day. The phone is offer the charger at 720ish am.

For the s6, the last few days, im at 80% by 10am. I'll have to charge before i leave work just so that if i need to go somewhere i am not hitting under 20%. I just started using this phone although i've owned it for a few months, i only have a handful of apps and the battery stats doesnt look outrageous, but this thing consistently drains even in standby it seems.

I'll have to tinker a bit more and hopefully a couple more charges may help, but this thing is pretty bad so far. My revious galaxy experience, the battery wasn't great, but respectiable, the s6 is horrid.

iPhone though my history always had the best battery performance.

gatormiss

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
So I just moved from a 6+ to an s6, i havent used a galaxy s device since s4 which had decent battery life.

I am pretty shocked on how bad this battery is, it just drains immediately off the charger. In my history of using phones which included a number of windows phone, iphoens and galaxy s (s3,s4, now s6), i try to measure the usage based on what i have in certain periods of the day. Like by lunch, with my iphone just twittering/facebooking randomly donig work, i'd have maybe 95% at least in battery with no special adjustments to the settings. By the time i leave work, i'd have probably 50-70% as i use it more during lunch and the remainder of the day. The phone is offer the charger at 720ish am.

For the s6, the last few days, im at 80% by 10am. I'll have to charge before i leave work just so that if i need to go somewhere i am not hitting under 20%. I just started using this phone although i've owned it for a few months, i only have a handful of apps and the battery stats doesnt look outrageous, but this thing consistently drains even in standby it seems.

I'll have to tinker a bit more and hopefully a couple more charges may help, but this thing is pretty bad so far. My revious galaxy experience, the battery wasn't great, but respectiable, the s6 is horrid.

iPhone though my history always had the best battery performance.

Sounds like my experience.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Good luck, let us know. I've said it in multiple threads and i'll say it again...i LOVE my S6, think how it performs day2day is fantastic in terms of functionality/speed, the camera is great...but man is this battery below average, this coming from a low to medium user and using it since launch. And its not like i have a lot of apps running, i play very few games and mainly browse the net, read news, check email and watch some videos at night. I can get through a day of work (its my work phone as well) no problem, as long as i leave the house at around 90-100% charged. I've gone through ALL (i've been optimizing iphones, windows phones and androids for many years) the tips/tricks and my reality is the battery is just too small. The most frustrating part is the camera lens hump in the back forces me to use a clear case instead of going naked. If samsung would have just utilized the space for battery size and made the lens flush...device would have been killer. Like i said i love my S6 but its definitely not for the hardcore battery hogger users.