About to upgrade to S6 - Is 64 GB enough?

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S4 for about 3 years now and will probably be upgrading to the S6 this weekend. I'm very disappointed about the lack of a removable battery and external storage. I have a 32 GB card on my S4 and have done fine with that (storage wise). I do take a lot of pictures and download a lot of pictures, so I'm wanting to know if the 64 GB S6 will be good, especially in light of all the bloatware Verizon puts on their phones. 😟 Jailbreaking is not an option for me as I don't feel comfortable that I won't brick my phone.

The camera is one of my primary reasons for choosing the S6. Is it really worth it to go back on contract and pay to upgrade to the S6? Will I notice that much of a difference from the S4? I've actually been a bit disappointed with the S4's camera, but reviews seem to agree that the S6 camera is much better.

Thanks for any input that helps me finalize my decision. 😃

SinfulDroid

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Going from the s4 to the s6 is like night and day. Camera is amazing on the s6. As far as storage I would get whatever works best for you.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
A 64gb version will have 54gb of usable data once the system and bloat has been installed. So if you have survived fine with a 32gb, the 64gb version will be just fine for you.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the S4, I chose the 64 gb version of the S6 and I have tons of space left over. The S6's camera is so much better than the S4's, no more having to wait for the picture to "process" after snapping a picture. It's so much faster and the quality of the pictures are better.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Gary and DD. I still have over half of the space left on my SD, so after reading all responses, I feel comfortable that the 64 GB will suit my needs. If needed, I'll periodically move some of my older pictures off the phone to my computer.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 64 gb version because I was so scared I wouldn't have room but 6 months later I have never used more than 50% of the storage

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress