Samsung S6 States overheating when charging, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Samsung S6 States overheating and when charging

all of a sudden an overheating icon displayed on my Samsung. closed apps etc. still displaying. Turned phone off and back on but still same message.
I had to charge my phone and when on or off it wouldn't charge due to overheating. My battery drained and again tried to charge with no luck, but this time instead of the normal charge battery display it showed a red exclamation mark in the middle with a red light at the top of the phone. I have tried everything: Power and volume down button, reboot, factory reset and still same message when charging. I have no idea what to do and not sure if this can be resolved.
Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 States overheating and when charging

Welcome to Android Central! Was the phone actually overheating, or did it feel cool to the touch?

Kno179

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

The phone doesn't seem hot. I have tried to charge my phone this morning and still nothing. I now can't access reboot menu

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Any recent drops, trauma, or water exposure?

Sep2016

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Two weeks back i dropped my Galaxy S6 in the water. it was not working for almost 10 days at all. However, it started working after 10 days absolutely fine for the whole day but when battery drained and i tried to charge it, it didn't get charged. Funny thing is that it worked every other day till yesterday that i got overheating error. I immediately turned my phone off and tried to charge it after couple of hours. but this time it showed the red exclamation mark.
I think there is some water damage with the battery. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nishant Verma1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Two weeks back i dropped my Galaxy S6 in the water. it was not working for almost 10 days at all. However, it started working after 10 days absolutely fine for the whole day but when battery drained and i tried to charge it, it didn't get charged. Funny thing is that it worked every other day till yesterday that i got overheating error. I immediately turned my phone off and tried to charge it after couple of hours. but this time it showed the red exclamation mark.
I think there is some water damage with the battery. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there - Did your Galaxy battery overheating issue get resolved? I have a similar problem to yours so wondering if there is an easy solution or any solution at all.
I would really appreciate your response!
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo