Galaxy S6 freezes on startup at Verizon splash screen

trek186

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
My husband is traveling on business, and his S6 has been acting odd. Apparently starting this morning the phone wouldn't even boot properly; it would freeze at the Verizon splash screen, and it did fully boot once or twice but it wouldn't let him enter his access PIN.

He has talked to Verizon, which admitted he is SOL and that this is an out of warranty refurb phone (it replaced another S6 via insurance), and the insurer won't do anything since he's had this particular handset for under a year (even though we've paid in the insurance). Since I'm not there with him I am not sure if the multi-key reset options are doable.

Does anyone here have any idea what is going on, or what can be done to fix it? We're at the point where he's going to try and find a Verizon store tonight to get a damned new phone.

We both have Samsungs, and when they work they are great phones, but then they do screwy crap like this...

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My husband is traveling on business, and his S6 has been acting odd. Apparently starting this morning the phone wouldn't even boot properly; it would freeze at the Verizon splash screen, and it did fully boot once or twice but it wouldn't let him enter his access PIN.

He has talked to Verizon, which admitted he is SOL and that this is an out of warranty refurb phone (it replaced another S6 via insurance), and the insurer won't do anything since he's had this particular handset for under a year (even though we've paid in the insurance). Since I'm not there with him I am not sure if the multi-key reset options are doable.

Does anyone here have any idea what is going on, or what can be done to fix it? We're at the point where he's going to try and find a Verizon store tonight to get a damned new phone.

We both have Samsungs, and when they work they are great phones, but then they do screwy crap like this...

I would suggest clearing system cache using the directions in the link below. Doesn't matter what carrier you have. Need to be able to power it off - if you can't do that, then this won't work. Be sure to report back.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Seeing that you have Verizon you must use Asurion for insurance replacements? If so, they should be the ones that are replacing the phone! I've had Asurion for years and a few times have had a replacement device malfunction and they've replaced it no problem. I'd they say that they can't replace it then I would try to talk to a supervisor, I don't see why they wouldn't replace it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

All replacements devices come with a 1 year limited warranty. If the phone was a replacement device you received from Asurion less than a year ago then the phone is still under warranty. As long as there is not any physical or liquid damage, typically we'll replace at no additional cost. Please email us a socialmediateam@asurion.com with your mobile number, previous claim number and the best number to reach you. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19