Waze won't play over bluetooth

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Waze on my iPhone worked great in my car over the stereo speakers. Now it won't play over BT with my S6. I have read about all I can find and some even say the car/phone must be A2DP compatible. Well my car hasn't changed so is the S6 not compliant or is there something else going on?

In Waze, I don't see a "Prefer Bluetooth" option in sound like I did on my iPhone

So is there something in the phone that i need to adjust

PS. Phone calls work fine in my car over BT

Thanks in advance
Rick

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
it could be that your car only supports call audio and not media audio. how to check this. connect the phone to your car bt. go to settings - bluetooth and find your car in the paired devices list. tap on the gear icon next to it and see if it shows used for media audio and if its enabled. if it only shows call audio then you will not be able to play anything via bt.

homerjs225

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

Waze on my iPhone worked great in my car over the stereo speakers. Now it won't play over BT with my S6. I have read about all I can find and some even say the car/phone must be A2DP compatible. Well my car hasn't changed so is the S6 not compliant or is there something else going on?

In Waze, I don't see a "Prefer Bluetooth" option in sound like I did on my iPhone

So is there something in the phone that i need to adjust

PS. Phone calls work fine in my car over BT

Thanks in advance
Rick

Did you get an answer to this? I have exact same problem. My iphone worked in my car. Switched to android and waze won't play on bluetooth

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No solution, apparently iPhone handles BT differently than Android, it does not appear to be a Waze issue

The car needs to be A2DP for Android

Wish there was a solution other than plugging in the audio cable which means I then loose my music while listening to Waze. Not a good alternative

Sorry
Rick

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a longshot but, in the sound options in Waze try toggling the 'Play sound to phone speaker' on an off.

May or may not work but worth a try.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Still looking for a solution to this.

My phone works great through BT, Pandora and Podcast, not at all. My iPhone worked great with all BT apps in the same car.

Anyone, please......
Rick

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I have just the opposite problem with my S6 and Nissan Altima. I can't get it to shut up. Have all the notification and such turned to off in the app and it still plays over my vehicles BT.

TeddiH12

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I checked mine and it has both call and media on. Which do I turn off so that Waze will give directions over the radio or CD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress