Unlocking S7 Active is kind of annoying - help, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Unlocking S7 active is kind of annoying - help

I set my unlock to be a fingerprint scanner which works just fine. The annoying part is that I have to press a button or swipe on the initial always on display screen first before I can use my finger to unlock it.

I had the nexus 5x before this and it didn't matter whether the screen was off or on I could just press the fingerprint and it'd unlock it.

It's not a HUGE deal because it doesn't take much time to just swipe or press a button before scanning but it's starting to get a little irritating that I have to do it every single time. Is there a way to bypass this?

unsensible

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I've tried that. But it doesn't matter whether the active display is on or off. If the screen is just pure black I still have to press a button to get to the lock screen to then use the fingerprint scanner to get in. Maybe it's a samsung thing.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I do not use always on screen and I can go from a dark screen which is locked to pressing the home key which turn on the screen and unlocks it, it just hold it till the sxreen unlocks. No swiping needed at all.

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!

unsensible

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
The press and hold works. I guess I was used to just pressing it without having to hold it on my old phone. Holding takes a little longer but that's better than what I was doing before. Thank you.