S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I called CS this morning to see if I even have a legit order. Since I am seeing no updated information. The dude I talked to said my order has moved from preorder to regular order, and I should have shipping information soon. Still no charges to my bank account, no updates on shipping. Debating driving to Best Buy tomorrow and getting an s6 edge and canceling my order through Verizon. Extremely frustrated!

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I called CS this morning to see if I even have a legit order. Since I am seeing no updated information. The dude I talked to said my order has moved from preorder to regular order, and I should have shipping information soon. Still no charges to my bank account, no updates on shipping. Debating driving to Best Buy tomorrow and getting an s6 edge and canceling my order through Verizon. Extremely frustrated!

This sucks, are you waiting on a silver or black? I believe there are more problems with silver shipments.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

the s7e is worth waiting for.... don't get the 6...

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
If you read my back story of my days adventure with customer service I had results within a hour. Mine shipped and it's chrome.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Do you think it's worth calling today on my issues or just wait?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you think it's worth calling today on my issues or just wait?

I would. They'll play coy. I just asked for a tracking number, mentioned Android Central.

Especially if you ordered the 23rd. But, they may just be trying to get them out as fast as they can.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
OMG people be patient. IT'S A PHONE and one that technically hasn't even been released yet...like this thread is the definition of first world problems, and I absolutely hate that saying. Bragging over giving a CSR a bad review? Really? It's not like they have some secret information that they aren't telling you over spite, they can just say what they have been told to say. Obviously they are told the S7 will ship on the 11th, if they don't want to break the rules and possibly get yelled at that is what they will tell you. Maybe I just have more empathy for them since I have worked in retail quite a bit and my wife is currently a CSR at a local power company...getting yelled at all day gets old and 99% of the time the person yelling at you has no idea what is really going on, no wonder they would be skeptical of what anyone says.
/rant

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I would. They'll play coy. I just asked for a tracking number, mentioned Android Central.

Especially if you ordered the 23rd. But, they may just be trying to get them out as fast as they can.

Do you really think they are playing coy and just don't want to tell you? The rep has absolutely no reason to do this unless you start off acting like a jerk. If you are nice they will help you as best they can. Also I can almost guarantee that mentioning AC does nothing, I would be shocked if your average rep even knew the site existed.

Eric R

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just an update for those of you who tracked my chat to calling CS to leaving a scathing review for Felicia...

A manager, beholden, a manager called me just now with a tracking number and a profuse apology. It's still not showing on the sites but I have a tracking number for FedEx, one chrome S7 Edge (no I will not call it silver!) And a genuine apology from Verizon.

So your chrome Edge shipped? I ordered on 2/23 and it still says processing. Should I just call and ask for a manager? My card hasn't been charged yet.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
OMG people be patient. IT'S A PHONE and one that technically hasn't even been released yet...like this thread is the definition of first world problems, and I absolutely hate that saying. Bragging over giving a CSR a bad review? Really? It's not like they have some secret information that they aren't telling you over spite, they can just say what they have been told to say. Obviously they are told the S7 will ship on the 11th, if they don't want to break the rules and possibly get yelled at that is what they will tell you. Maybe I just have more empathy for them since I have worked in retail quite a bit and my wife is currently a CSR at a local power company...getting yelled at all day gets old and 99% of the time the person yelling at you has no idea what is really going on, no wonder they would be skeptical of what anyone says.
/rant

I didn't yell or make a stir the entire time I was on the phone with her. I mentioned posts here with legitimate tracking numbers and that mine said shipped but nothing else and she told me repeatedly that I was misinformed. That everyone who was getting shipped a phone was misinformed. All I asked for when I called was a tracking number. How exactly was I misinformed?

I am all for people whose job is customer service. My dad has worked 8 years in customer service for Bank of America and I hate seeing him get abused by ticked off customers. I never broke into ticked off until she closed our conversation by telling me I was misinformed and lying. I've never treated their customer service representatives badly even when they treated me badly until I was offered to review the service I received. It was crappy service. If AC allowed me to post stronger words I would.

The manager reviewed the phone call and agreed. I'm not a deviant, I'm not self entitled and I'm not suffering from first world problems. I'm suffering from someone that had an extremely poor attitude and lashed out with backhanded comments over a simple question, and a comment made about tracking numbers on Android Central.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

i'm sure you will have it by friday... also i don't think you can go to best buy and get one tomorrow, they are handing out their pre-orders...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will all ship out today and the system is just slow. That is my hope.

I don't really get people coming in here quoting first world problems if you don't like the conversation, just move on to the next thread. If I want to talk with other people that are excited to get a new toy and complain about it I will. Most of us are not really super pissed off anyhow. most of it is a joke. Do I want my new phone... yea, do I want it yesterday? Hell Ya.... am I going to run out and throw eggs at my local Verizon store if it doesn't get here until Friday??? Nooo.... probably....LOL

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
san diego, got a email today with the tracking information. s7 edge onyx ordered on 2/29. will be here weds. I order the silver one in store on 2/27 two days earlier and no tracking information about the silver one.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I asked the nice chat box lady if there was a shortage of silver Edges because I'm a glutton for punishment, and she said nope.

Well, more like "That is a great question! Of course not! I can assure you that you will receive this phone by March 11th."

I imagined her saying it in a really really bright chipper voice with rainbows flowing from her nostrils. Anyway, no tracking information, no phone shipment. Verizon got me! Those tricksters.

Pretty sure this is what she just did to you.
computer rainbow.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress