Which Micro SD card will you get for your S7 Edge?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
What does UHC 3 rating mean exactly?

When you see a 10 on the card that refers to the speed ( class 10). When you see a U-1 or U-3 (1 or 3 inside a U) this refers to minimum transfer rate ie. 1 means minimum of 10 megabyte and 3 means a minimum of 30 megabytes.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a good deal shipped for these....

Samsung EVO 64GB Micro SD Card | eBay

Talking by experience, don't buy SD cards from eBay, I'm not lying if I say that more than 80% of the cheap deals you will see on eBay are just knockoff, 2GB or 8GB chips on a very well done packaging, then you realize about it too late sometimes or if you don't use it's maximum capacity you won't never know about it. Still don't know how eBay doesn't have a better policy about this, you end up getting the refund but it doesn't worth the time and hassle.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Talking by experience, don't buy SD cards from eBay, I'm not lying if I say that more than 80% of the cheap deals you will see on eBay are just knockoff, 2GB or 8GB chips on a very well done packaging, then you realize about it too late sometimes or if you don't use it's maximum capacity you won't never know about it. Still don't know how eBay doesn't have a better policy about this, you end up getting the refund but it doesn't worth the time and hassle.

Wow, I have never ran into that issue personally. I would think that PayPal has your back especially for a product being misrepresented. I know they did for me on some clothing I purchased years back.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I have never ran into that issue personally. I would think that PayPal has your back especially for a product being misrepresented. I know they did for me on some clothing I purchased years back.

2 or 3 times already without mentioning a couple of friends that have received knockoff too. Do a Google search about this and you will see that it's that bad.

Yes, Paypal and eBay got you covered, but like I said, sometimes it doesn't worth the trouble when trying to transfer your files 2 or 3 files because it begins and then just stops, until you realize what is going on, and then the claim process and look for another listing and waiting for the new one to arrive. Sometimes you just ends up buying the one that was $10-$15 more anyways.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I still an unused Sandisk 200GB from Amazon when it was on sale for $80. So that will find a home in my S7 edge. :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I always kept an eye on the Samsung SD Cards when I worked at Best Buy since they're always going on sale.

I might move my 200GB SD Card form my Tab A that I got form when I get the V10.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
And you're certain the S7 and S7 Edge can actually utilize those speeds? Because that's a pretty big bill to foot if not.

I'm using the 1st Gen 64GB on my LG G3 and Lumia 1520. So far it is great!

I'm sure 4K recording will come in handy with faster write on the 2nd Gen model. Its not as fast as internal storage, but pretty damn near it. :p

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
32 gb is plenty for me since everything is in Google Drive and all my music is streamed... I did have a 32gb class 10 scandisk laying around so I did throw that in primarily to store photos and videos I take.