S7 edge Battery life

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Just got Greenify because a lot of people say it helps. It seems not to. I just greenified Facebook, and it's just up back and running. Pointless. Other stuff seem to get Greenified properly, but the ones that don't are Facebook, Instagram, and 9GAG.

I uninstalled the official Facebook app altogether off my phone

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled the official Facebook app altogether off my phone
Nah. Facebook is too convenient. I got a lot of contacts on Facebook, and sometimes when I encounter a dermatologic case I find difficult to diagnose, I send pictures to my dermatologists friends to ask for opinions. Facebook is easier since it doesn't matter whether the recipient has an iPhone or Android. Lol.

Plus some of my game logins and other stuff use my Facebook account.

I really miss GreenPower. Android removing ability of apps to toggle data on and off automatically.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Nah. Facebook is too convenient. I got a lot of contacts on Facebook, and sometimes when I encounter a dermatologic case I find difficult to diagnose, I send pictures to my dermatologists friends to ask for opinions. Facebook is easier since it doesn't matter whether the recipient has an iPhone or Android. Lol.

I really miss GreenPower. Android removing ability of apps to toggle data on and off automatically.

My game log ins require Facebook too and I don't have it on my phone. You can remove the app and it will still recognise your account that you originally started playing the game with. I uninstalled Facebook and installed a third party equivalent. All the benefits of Facebook with no battery draining from the app

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My game log ins require Facebook too and I don't have it on my phone. You can remove the app and it will still recognise your account that you originally started playing the game with. I uninstalled Facebook and installed a third party equivalent. All the benefits of Facebook with no battery draining from the app
Actually it's the first part that I need more. Lol. Using the mobile site doesn't give me HD picture uploads for some reason. I found the restrict background data for Facebook anyway and see how it goes. I get less than 1% per hour with data off anyway.

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I knew this would happen. This is why when it came time to upgrade my Galaxy S6, I went with the HTC 10. Battery life has been rock solid.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Every android phone I've ever had has had battery life ruined by software updates. My HTC one m8 was exactly the same and that was despite trying a factory reset several times.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Every android phone I've ever had has had battery life ruined by software updates. My HTC one m8 was exactly the same and that was despite trying a factory reset several times.

I agree. My note 4 became almost unusable after the lollipop update.

JN81

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
That's not what I'm seeing from the HTC forums.

Different people have different experiences. My HTC 10 gets amazing battery life. Easily better than my old Droid Maxx ever did. Besides, a large majority of people on any forum go there with complaints....not saying right or wrong. Heck, even when I came to this S7 Edge forum, and read the headlines, complaints all over the place.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got Greenify because a lot of people say it helps. It seems not to. I just greenified Facebook, and it's just up back and running. Pointless. Other stuff seem to get Greenified properly, but the ones that don't are Facebook, Instagram, and 9GAG.

I asked the group a while back why Greenify has such a good rep while what I consider to be similar (not exactly the same) app killer type apps have horrible reps (as an entire type...not just single apps in that group). I really didn't get any answers I thought were enlightening, and found with my own use that Greenify at best did nothing positive for me.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

You can still use your browser for FB and not lose much functionality at all. I'd say the main thing I do miss is being able to share articles or pics directly from their apps. Given the resource hog that the Facebook app has always been, its worth the trade off to me.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Swipe is probably a better Facebook app than the Facebook app anyway.

Swipe is a good compromise (and it's not even a compromise since I agree its better than the official app) if you want to ditch the FB app but don't want to use the browser for it.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I asked the group a while back why Greenify has such a good rep while what I consider to be similar (not exactly the same) app killer type apps have horrible reps (as an entire type...not just single apps in that group). I really didn't get any answers I thought were enlightening, and found with my own use that Greenify at best did nothing positive for me.
Seems like non system apps are greenified properly, and system apps are not. Facebook was installed as system on my phone. So that explains it. The other apps, no idea. I just turned off all of the greenify stuff except for Forced Doze to get rid of the app killer function.
You can still use your browser for FB and not lose much functionality at all. I'd say the main thing I do miss is being able to share articles or pics directly from their apps. Given the resource hog that the Facebook app has always been, its worth the trade off to me.
I just tried it on my tablet. For some reason Spotify premium won't log in without the Facebook app. Honestly apparently it's not Facebook that's draining my battery. It's the actual connection. I blocked background data and while battery usage dropped somewhat, it still is quite a jump. Turning the data completely off is the only thing that fixes my odd battery consumption.
And uploading or sending pics via the browser version creates compression. Which is bad for my needs.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
And uploading or sending pics via the browser version creates compression. Which is bad for my needs.

Hmm. I hadn't realized the app didn't while the browser does. Thanks.

A lot of my pics get to FB via Instagram, and so are compressed anyway. If I want best quality I usually upload directly from my desktop.