Samsung promotion status.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused - is this a $100 promo you got towards to buy a VR as part of purchasing the S7 or a promo you got for using Samsung Pay. I don't recall any Samsung Pay promo with a $100 anything...

Anyway, just for fun I tried adding a few things to my cart over $100 total and when I went to checkout, nothing. I did get a $30 Best Buy gift card for activating and using Samsung Pay, but to my knowledge that was the extent of that.

The intentions were to use the $100 gift code I received today instead of the VR (I opted to get the $100 in Samsung.com because the long wait was too much) and even before I could enter the code it was already showing the discount, so I decided to let you guys know to see if this was just a glitch or if indeed they had some secret Samsung pay Activation discount going on.

At first I thought that it was an old promotion I applied to months ago, in fact they were two, the first one was a $200 Samsung.com discount and weeks after that a $100 Samsung.com discount, but both of them were denied and I got the email explaining that it was just 1 offer at a time per email, and even until recently there was no credit on my Samsung account as I added the Item to the cart weeks ago and there was nothing at that time, it just appeared today.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping because I didn't get the email mine is on the way. My label was created in FedEx last night. Still showing that however.

Chris Winters

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused - is this a $100 promo you got towards to buy a VR as part of purchasing the S7 or a promo you got for using Samsung Pay. I don't recall any Samsung Pay promo with a $100 anything...

Anyway, just for fun I tried adding a few things to my cart over $100 total and when I went to checkout, nothing. I did get a $30 Best Buy gift card for activating and using Samsung Pay, but to my knowledge that was the extent of that.

I used it for the gift card but got the notification late on the 31st then went to claim on the 1st and couldn't. Was so bummed.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How many of the delay people are the ones that got the original email about your S2 having changed to a VR? I'm wondering if we're the people getting screwed by this newest "glitch".

marasco0815

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This email went to both of my submissions. One I sent on the 8th and received the watch yesterday. The other I submitted on the 10th and so still pending.
Looks like this was a broad sweep email and not telling of anything.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The websites back up. Both of my approved submissions now say preparing for shipment, even the one that said it was shipped last week and listed the tracking number on that page.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Both of my original email confirmations after submission said I submitted for the Gear VR. Which I know 100% I selected the Gear S2.

Well, I've received one watch and both emails today say approved for Gear S2.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
For those that the status website said you are approved with or without a ship date. This is the email we were supposed to have received weeks ago. There is no change in status only Samsung/Prize logic getting caught up on their emails.

Posted via the Android Central App

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
For those that the status website said you are approved with or without a ship date. This is the email we were supposed to have received weeks ago. There is no change in status only Samsung/Prize logic getting caught up on their emails.

That makes sense because I did NOT receive any type of confirmation email when I originally submitted or even anytime after the status on the website was updated to "approved - shipment pending." Looks like the status page on the website is back up and accurate and looks like we'll all just be waiting a while longer... ***Sigh*** I better get this before my vacation the end of May - that's prime time to spend playing with it since there's not a lot going on when I visit my folks.

grafixguy#AC

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a long wait for the S2 based on this email I got today.

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

I got the same email today. I received the watch two days ago.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
How many of the delay people are the ones that got the original email about your S2 having changed to a VR? I'm wondering if we're the people getting screwed by this newest "glitch".

I got the VR email and am getting the S2.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

JayDawson

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Its called pixelation. Its due to the ppi of the screen, the s6 looks better with it due to the denser pixels. Won't be fixed til the rumored note is released that is supposed to have true 4k resolution. Google vr screen door effect. Different material looks better with it, try downloading other material

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have my Gear S2 on my wrist for 2 days now and today I get an email from Samsung saying you have been approved and S2 shipments are moved out until May or mid summer.......wth

Posted via the Android Central App

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I STILL have never gotten an email past when I first submitted. My status on both S2 claims is "preparing shipment, shipping estimate pending" but I've never gotten an email...

Edit: Actually, looking back through my emails I've NEVER gotten an email unless it was a canned response to me asking a question...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87