samsung fast wireless charger definitely isnt fast

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I know its wireless but it has a pretty loud fan running the whole time and it charged the edge s7 in about 2hrs 30mins, faster than regular but nowhere near as fast as plugged in....I would definitely wait for the 15w wireless chargers

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not just Samsung, I bought a choetech fast wireless charger and it's slow as well. Almost 2 hours from 20% to full. I think it's faster plugged in doing normal charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
maybe, I think 15w might be closer to plugged in speeds but who knows none out yet, ill definitely be cancelling that backordered bogo though

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I haven't yet tried mine with the S7 Edge, but it was extremely fast with my S6 Edge+, definitely way faster than regular wired (ie. No quick charge) charging. Usually pretty close to the regular fast charger. So this is a bit surprising to hear.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's just because the battery is so big on the S7 edge. I'm still gonna hold on to my order for the BOGOF. Especially since I got 30 percent off.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I like mine and think it charges pretty quick maybe not as quick as the fast adaptive wall charger but I use mine all the time. I got mine for 55.99 at BB minus my free $30 dollar gift card. My husband got 2 off ebay for 10.50 each not sure how well they will be or if they will even come with a fast adaptive charger. But I don't think it's that bad. It's cool to use but I mostly use it at work in a pinch if I need it and by my bed at night so I am good. If I know I am going out for the night and want to be on a 100 when I leave and don't have much time I'll plug it in. But since i have had this I haven't plugged it in to charge it.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I know its wireless but it has a pretty loud fan running the whole time and it charged the edge s7 in about 2hrs 30mins, faster than regular but nowhere near as fast as plugged in....I would definitely wait for the 15w wireless chargers

I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

I agree too Lance. Seems to work very fast and I didn't even know there is a fan in my Samsung vertical stand charger. Have it right next to my bed and use it every night and I've never heard anything.

NuMotiv

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I find my to be pretty snappy. Fast enough for me anyways. I also can't even remotely hear the fan in the thing. I also have a gaming pc running beside it so that might be why.

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the stand up Samsung wireless fast charge and it only took an hour to go from 20% to 95% this morning. No complaints here.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

I can hear the fan if I put my ear to it, but it definitely charges my S7E quickly. It's the vertical model. Love the size of the pad.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Ditto Lance!

When did you guys order your Fast Charge Stands?? I ordered over a week ago from Samsung and still saying backordered??

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the power to go bundle from Verizon. I got the fast charger stand, car fast charger, and a fast charging battery pack for $99. It was shipped on March 11th

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No on ever said wireless charging should be faster than wired charging. Wireless charging is inherently slow, I get two hours from 0 to 100. But if you use a case, you have to use a very thin case - minimalist. Even an extra millimeter too much can lead to 6 hour charges instead of 2.

And the fan goes constantly because without it, wireless chargers make the battery incredibly hot and shorten their life. But with Samsung, the hottest it ever gets is slightly warm.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
When did you guys order your Fast Charge Stands?? I ordered over a week ago from Samsung and still saying backordered??

Got mine from Verizon. They were running a great special with the charger, quick charge battery pack and fast car charger for $99. EDIT - Whoops, Frank beat me to it. :)

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my Samsung order. Verizon had them in stock to order online last week even though, ironically, I'm on AT&T. I bought two and they do work very well. I don't know if they still have them in stock though, you'd have to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247