Does anyone know why there is a little 1 next to all my text messages? I have a Samsung S7 Edge

A

AC Question

This little blue 1 appears next to most of my messages. It looks like a sim card. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. Or why it is there. Does anyone know?

Hamidd

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If you are using the dual SIM model, it means that specific message has been sent/received from the first SIM card.

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a single-SIM model. I think the "1" indicates that there is 1 new message in that message thread. I'll pay attention to a thread where I get more than 1 new message in a row and better understand if that's true.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the 1 that the OP is seeing is an unread count badge, because he or she specifically stated that it appears "next to most of my messages" (not on the app shortcut icon), and that it looks like a SIM card. It is more likely that it shows that the message is coming through on the line associated with SIM #1.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I see it on my messages too sometimes. Can you confirm my theory that it happens when you're messaging someone that is also on the Sprint network? Is Sprint your provider? I notice when I call someone who is on the sprint network like me, the phone calls are in HD and I'm wondering if the messaging appears with that "1" next to it.

etur010

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I see it on my messages too sometimes. Can you confirm my theory that it happens when you're messaging someone that is also on the Sprint network? Is Sprint your provider? I notice when I call someone who is on the sprint network like me, the phone calls are in HD and I'm wondering if the messaging appears with that "1" next to it.

I'm sorry. I'm not on Sprint. I live in Australia

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I've noticed that my text message turn to enhanced messaging" when I text someone on the same carrier as me which is Sprint. It's possible that it's the same occurrence for you where the person you're messaging is on the same network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress