05-08-2016 05:52 PM
39 12
tools
    Hi! So I have S7 Edge for almost a month now. Great phone. Last week I got a notification for android update. I updated my phone and since then my batteries goes out in less than two days. I don't know what to do. Here're some screenshoots if it's any help. Any advice is much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160501-235726.jpg   Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160501-235811.jpg   Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160501-235854.jpg  
    05-01-2016 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your Phone Radio seems to be using the most battery. What's the cell signal been like? Show us a full day's graph of the Cell Signal graph in GSam.

It's also worth wiping the cache partition after major system updates, if issues like this crop up: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25076
    05-01-2016 10:14 PM
    Thank you for replay. I had to charge my phone again since when I posted above I only had a few % left. I'll make a screenshoot later.
    Just to be sure, cache wipe doesn't delete any kind of my stuff at all (contacts, pictures, files...)?
    05-02-2016 02:46 AM
    The phone lasting two days is already great in my book based on my usage
    Lol.
    johnriii and Maisoumenos like this.
    05-02-2016 04:53 AM
    Hmm i definitely get good battery life on my AT&T S7 Edge G935A

05-02-2016 05:45 AM
    Battery usage was fine until I updated Android os.
    05-02-2016 06:16 AM
    Less than two days? That's bad?
    05-02-2016 06:40 AM
    It appears you have no data connection. The phone is eating up its battery looking for data. Do you even use the phone? 20 minutes of screen time in a day and a half? Lol!

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    05-02-2016 07:16 AM
    On my Sprint GS7E, I get great battery life if I turn off Location. With the phone set to GPS Only, it drains crazy, the number one seismicity being GpsLocationProvider_ex.

Any one else have battery issues with Location set to GPS Only? If so, plz state your phone carrier and/or model & firmware version.

I'm on PD3.
    05-02-2016 03:11 PM
    On my Sprint GS7E, I get great battery life if I turn off Location. With the phone set to GPS Only, it drains crazy, the number one seismicity being GpsLocationProvider_ex.

Any one else have battery issues with Location set to GPS Only? If so, plz state your phone carrier and/or model & firmware version.

I'm on PD3.
    As you can see above photo from post earlier my battery life is excellent on AT&T S7 Edge and i have my location always on Mobile Network and Wifi and get great battery life.
    05-02-2016 03:15 PM

I'm on PD3.
    I leave my location set on GPS only and I have no issues at all with battery drain. I'm running AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2016 04:14 PM
    As you can see above photo from post earlier my battery life is excellent on AT&T S7 Edge and i have my location always on Mobile Network and Wifi and get great battery life.
    How about if you set it to GPS Only or GPS+WiFi+Mobile?

I leave my location set on GPS only and I have no issues at all with battery drain. I'm running AT&T.

Lucky. Sprint & Samsung screwed us over!
    05-02-2016 05:03 PM
    It appears you have no data connection. The phone is eating up its battery looking for data. Do you even use the phone? 20 minutes of screen time in a day and a half? Lol!

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    Yea, I use the phone, but it's been a week off for me so now not so much.

Welcome to Android Central! Your Phone Radio seems to be using the most battery. What's the cell signal been like? Show us a full day's graph of the Cell Signal graph in GSam.

It's also worth wiping the cache partition after major system updates, if issues like this crop up: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25076
    After 24h, this is how it looks!
    Attached Thumbnails Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160503-083136.jpg   Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160503-083159.jpg   Battery drains fast-screenshot_20160503-083749.jpg  
    05-03-2016 01:42 AM
    why is this bad battery life? your screen on is almost 15 hours? how on earth do you get that long of a battery life? seriously?

My sot is 7 hours max
    05-03-2016 01:53 AM
    why is this bad battery life? your screen on is almost 15 hours? how on earth do you get that long of a battery life? seriously?

My sot is 7 hours max
    Where do you see 15 hrs SOT mate , all i see is like 30 min SOT.
    05-03-2016 08:21 AM
    I'm somewhat confused... This is BAD battery life?? I'd kill for the usage the OP is getting... LOL.

05-03-2016 08:27 AM

I should state that it only activates GPS location when I use a certain app that requires it, then it turns off.

For example, if I open Maps, it will activate and use GPS the whole the app is open and being used. But when I close the app, GPS turns off. It seems that maybe yours is using GPS all the time for something?

05-03-2016 05:07 PM
    I should state that it only activates GPS location when I use a certain app that requires it, then it turns off.

For example, if I open Maps, it will activate and use GPS the whole the app is open and being used. But when I close the app, GPS turns off. It seems that maybe yours is using GPS all the time for something?

Yes, that is unfortunately what is happening with my phone since I took the April update. 😖
    05-03-2016 05:32 PM
    After 24h, this is how it looks!
    As I suspected, your cell signal is often bad. It's in the low range for about half the time (including when you took the screenshot--look at how few bars you have), and this drains the battery because the phone is working harder to keep the signal. Do you know if your signal is bad at home, at work, or somewhere else? If it's bad at home, look into getting a signal booster from your carrier, if they offer one. If it's at work, consider turning on Airplane Mode (and maybe just use wi-fi) while you're there.
    05-03-2016 09:10 PM
    My phone is at my desk most of the time (when I'm not working), and signal there is only one bar. If this is an issue, why start doing this now and not when I got the phone. It's been working just fine for almost a full month!
    05-04-2016 12:01 AM
    My phone is at my desk most of the time (when I'm not working), and signal there is only one bar. If this is an issue, why start doing this now and not when I got the phone. It's been working just fine for almost a full month!
    Could be the new modem file that was included as part of the update. On some phones, you can flash modems from previous firmwares using Odin to improve signal. You could try that method & see if it works on your GS7E.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-04-2016 12:09 AM
    Is it possible to downgrade an update from android? I googled a bit and it seems that many people have same issue since last update!
    05-04-2016 12:15 AM
    Did you already try the cache partition wipe? It doesn't erase any personal data.

Downgrading requires re-flashing the previous firmware using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html. I don't have direct experience with this, but I've read from others that this won't always work, depending on the carrier variant of the phone. It seems that Verizon tends to make this difficult (surprise surprise ).
    05-04-2016 12:58 AM
    Eaaaaaaa
    05-04-2016 01:04 AM
    Did you already try the cache partition wipe? It doesn't erase any personal data.

Downgrading requires re-flashing the previous firmware using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html. I don't have direct experience with this, but I've read from others that this won't always work, depending on the carrier variant of the phone. It seems that Verizon tends to make this difficult (surprise surprise ).
    Yea, Cache Wipe didn't do anything. I'm also reading factory reset doesn't help to a lot of people!
    05-04-2016 01:58 AM
39 12