I got my phones back fixed. will it still be able to handle water ?

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I need the phone sealed tight!

hey so I am still giving up. I have fixed phone. the back plate was replaced and the seal was broken. is there anything I can do to get this thing sealed tight again ? I don't need anyone to tell me about what I do with the phone. I bought my phone for a few reasons but the main one was the water resistance. I wanna be able to take it on water rides and in the wave pool. I know it can do it. I have tried it before. I just need to know if I have any options on getting this thing sealed again. I don't have insurance I don't have a Warranty now that the phone has been fixed by 3rd party

posted from my galaxy s7edge

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
There has not been, and never will be, a Samsung commercial calling the phone waterproof. If you think there is, find it and prove it.

dude. are you like physically blind?? samsung has commercials with little Wayne pouring liquid on the phone.... do you get that ??? I mean are you getting it ?? go on youtube and type ******* in. Samsung this phone water test. bam ! right there in front of you. right there! it's been done.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had my S7E for two weeks, and the one of the selling points to me was the water resistance feature. this does not mean I'm going to take/make phone calls while I'm in the shower. this does not mean I'm going to pretend to be lil wayne and pour ANYTHING on my phone on purpose. this feature is for those accidental drops into a kitchen sink of dish water, or getting caught out in a serious rain shower. even though there are a metric TON of youtube videos out there showing phones in water for hours, WHY would anyone want to take a chance on the slight chance of ruining your device? I work two jobs, am not made of money, and won't be doing my best lil wayne impression with this device, EVER.

oh whoops I accidentally dropped my phone in exactly five feet of water for exactly 30 min?? I mean that's the selling point. get it???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
dude. are you like physically blind?? samsung has commercials with little Wayne pouring liquid on the phone.... do you get that ??? I mean are you getting it ?? go on youtube and type ******* in. Samsung this phone water test. bam ! right there in front of you. right there! it's been done.

The fine print at the bottom says otherwise though. As I said previously.. Commercials on TV exaggerate all the time. The bottom fine print tells the true story.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
you all are so so so skeptical.

wow are we going to start this whole process again about why we are skeptical about using the s7e under water :confused:

After your first thread and now this thread I have no idea what other answers you are looking for because the subject has been discussed pretty thoroughly imho

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just face the fact that there is no way to regain water resistance after the phone has been opened. I work with phones for a living so I know. You're getting mad at everyone telling you the truth but since you feel you know best because you are fooled by what the commercials are telling you, then by all means, go ahead put your phone in water just like they do in the commercials and see how long your phone is going to last. Good luck you and your very expensive phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
The only way to achieve the factory ip68 rating is to have an OEM replacement glass installed using a vacuum or a press. Just like replacing a watch battery on some higher end, non automatic, watches.

Unfortunately 3rd party repair shops lack the tools to perform the repair.

With that being said, the only way for you to restore your phone to its factory condition is to bite the bullet and send it back to Samsung and pay for the repair in full.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Quick mod note... please keep the discussion civil.

No no don't worry I just needed the actual answer from an actual person that has some friendly advice to share with me?? I don't need someone saying no it doesn't work when yes it does work

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a GoPro and no this case is not the same thing, why risk an expensive phone. Water pressure is not just about depth.
There are many cheaper alternatives to GoPro for underwater photography. I let the kids use a cheaper Kodak underwater camera I have and they love it.
Why not use the right tool for the job, the S7E is great alround camera but it's no replacement for my DSLR, or even my bridge camera.

Bridge camera?

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
No no don't worry I just needed the actual answer from an actual person that has some friendly advice to share with me?? I don't need someone saying no it doesn't work when yes it does work

maybe take your own advice and be a little more friendly yourself and not challenge and attack every post you don't agree with would probably be a good place to start imho

Like dryja123 suggested I would deal directly with Samsung Repair to see if they can return your phone back to IP68

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: I need the phone sealed tight!

hey so I am still giving up. I have fixed phone. the back plate was replaced and the seal was broken. is there anything I can do to get this thing sealed tight again ? I don't need anyone to tell me about what I do with the phone. I bought my phone for a few reasons but the main one was the water resistance. I wanna be able to take it on water rides and in the wave pool. I know it can do it. I have tried it before. I just need to know if I have any options on getting this thing sealed again. I don't have insurance I don't have a Warranty now that the phone has been fixed by 3rd party

If you can't find a repair shop to do it, Just send it back to Samsung for repair.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If you can't find a repair shop to do it, Just send it back to Samsung for repair.

This. That is really the only answer if you want a 100% full proof way of ensuring it's water sealed.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The best solution is to treat it with flex seal. A couple sprays should do the trick, guaranteed. I think if you act now you can get their bogo offer.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

They won't touch it because the warranty has been voided but they don't know the warranty was voided. So if I send it back they'll be able to detect that it was fixed by third-party but thanks for your nice comments

The best solution is to treat it with flex seal. A couple sprays should do the trick, guaranteed. I think if you act now you can get their bogo offer.

What is Flex Seal and how does it apply

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They won't touch it because the warranty has been voided but they don't know the warranty was voided. So if I send it back they'll be able to detect that it was fixed by third-party but thanks for your nice comments

Yes they will be able to tell. Especially since you want the phone to actually be resealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamBook