S7E Users....any moving to Note 7?

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the potentially explosive Note 7 to the S7 Edge today, and so far I'm really impressed with this phone. I wasn't expecting to be this happy with it since I've been using Notes since the Note 2 came out, but this S7E is really nice. Battery recall aside, it just seems smoother overall in terms of performance. Just my two cents.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I switched from the potentially explosive Note 7 to the S7 Edge today, and so far I'm really impressed with this phone. I wasn't expecting to be this happy with it since I've been using Notes since the Note 2 came out, but this S7E is really nice. Battery recall aside, it just seems smoother overall in terms of performance. Just my two cents.
Same here..
From s7 > note7 >> s7 edge.

After the recall I decided to just sell my note7. And buy the S7e.. Performance is smoother on the s7 edge.. Battery life I cant tell yet... Just got it yesterday.

S7e is easier to hold. And more fluid performance.

AppleConvertGuy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, exactly, so much easier to hold & much more fluid.

I have smallish hands and I like that I can use the S7e with one hand. The S7 would have been too small, but this is just right.

Can you give examples of how the S7e is noticeably more fluid? I'm likely going to return my Note 7 as well and am curious how/why the S7e seems to be a better phone in terms of performance when they're both running almost identical hardware.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They do have identical insides, however the Note seems to have a software issue causing lag for some, not all.

This can be fixed in the Note with an update ( however I suspect that's on the back burner for now). Other than that both phones should run close to identical in terms of performance.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I am still interested to move to the note. However, I will now wait until the 'safe' models have been out in the wild for some time. Mind, there are already talks about the S8 now. I use the camera a lot and hope for more resolution without sacrificing the low light performance.

I have a feeling there will be heavy discounts on the Note soon to entice people to buy it after this fiasco so there will probably be some good deals.

Meanwhile my S7E does a superb job.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you give examples of how the S7e is noticeably more fluid? I'm likely going to return my Note 7 as well and am curious how/why the S7e seems to be a better phone in terms of performance when they're both running almost identical hardware.
I'd expect that with identical insides plus more stuff running on the Note compared to the Edge, a slight lag when comparing may be apparent.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was able to check out the Note 7 in person yesterday at the Best Buy store.

It's basically a S7E with a pen. I was not impressed by the size of the screen size as it was basically identical to the S7. With the S7 placed on top of the Note 7, the width is exactly the same. Screen size was like | | much bigger.

When I tried to use the screenshot feature with the pen, I was hit by the "Screen Overlay" sign. The pens own overlay was conflicting with Note 7's best selling feature. Is that an incredibly stupid thing to overlook or what?

As for me, I will not be updating to the Note 7.

Any thoughts?

I did but moved back with the whole recall going on. Don't think I'll go back to the note. Any other device I get this year will be by another manufacturer.

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I love my S7 Edge. I am a fan of Nokia until the light blue nokia n70 or something, try iphone 4 then note 2, note 4. Which never use the s pen. So i try iphone 6 plus due to the hype being 1st 5.5 iphone before coming back to S7 Edge.

Because its look better outside, the amoled screen, low light camera, better battery life, big size sdcard...

Im not sure whether i will move back to iphone 7 pro...

Customising and work like pc drag and paste make it so easy.

The last on 6 plus jailbreak -> changing theme were still not as much as the days when iphone 4 is.

On android samsung. Does it so easily by simply visiting Play Store.

Hope i will not be swayed.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Scrolling is smoother. Stuff (opening apps, switching tasks, responsiveness) just seems quicker. I was one of those people posting in the "this lag is unfreaking believable" Note 7 forum. My lag wasn't "unfreaking believable," but it was quite a bit slower and more stutter-y than my Note 5. I listened to the advice and suggestions of some other users/ambassadors and was able to speed it up quite a bit after doing a reset and not using smart switch or syncing any app downloads automatically. After that, I was more or less content with the phone.

But, after using the S7E, it's just snappier. I really don't understand it either since it's the same hardware, and the same version of marshmallow. The system settings interface is quite a bit different, though, so there are some differences going on somewhere.

Since I have JOD with T-Mobile, I really was just going to use this phone until the replacement N7s came out. But I like it better than the N7 that I had so I'm going to keep it. Please note: I can't speak to the N7 anyone else received and how it may have performed - a lot of people over on the N7 threads reported quick phones. But mine never performed better than my N5 -- at first it was worse, then, after the 2nd reset it became about equal.

Sorry, this still isn't very concrete. Here's one: with the N7, I would notice things like the keyboard freezing and then all the sudden three keys would pop-up/light up at the same time. Weird, glitchy stuff like that.