s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the T-Mobile beta yet? There was a thread for it but now I can't find it

Nope. I'm still waiting on the regular S7. Looks like something was botched, and it ain't our lucky day (unless it gets released close to midnight, like Sprint).

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here on t-mobile yet (Colorado) when I tap the Galaxy Beta app I get "server error. Try again later. " Is this normal? I was registered last week.

Last edited:

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
my tmo update finally showed up around 6pm cst. so far so good. a few things ive noticed (and sorry, i didnt read the last 6 pages). looks like i went backwards in security updates. had the nov updates, now im on october. AOD seems to be like the note7, 3rd party notifications are coming in. only issue is, it doesnt appear to turn itself off in pocket. i thought the note7 AOD turned the screen off if it detected it was in a pocket. been a while since i had my n7 so maybe im remembering wrong. otherwise, things are humming along quite smoothly.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get an email or anything from Samsung confirming they are registered or giving instructions? I finally got the app to accept my registration last night after days of trying but the app just says server error now and is not showing I'm registered anymore.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Whatsapp notifications not coming through, anyone else!

So it has all been going so well but I have hit some problems with whatsapp from yesterday and am unsure if it is nougat related, whatsapp related or something else?

I'm running the beta on my S7 edge (I am using the Blackberry Hub+ which may or may not be an issue).I installed it last week and it has all been totally fine (feels like final release tbh no issues at all). Yesterday however I started to hit issues with whatsapp and specifically I am not getting any notifications on whatsapp, no badge icon, nothing in the BB hub, nothing. It is only when I actually open the app itself that the message comes through.

As I say it was working fine and there were no app updates or settings changes that preceded the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled last night and this did fix it, this morning however there was an update to the app and it is not working again.

Anybody else experiencing this?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had similar issues with what's app on nougat. On a few occasions I have had a message that has had no notification on the phone and I only find it by opening the app. However this has happened maybe 2 or 3 times and the rest of the time it works great

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Be interested in people's feedback on battery life. Mine was brilliant after first install, then I did a factory reset and set the whole phone up as new and its not that good. No better than MM, maybe even worse. Thinking of trying a reset again but don't want to if it's similar for everyone. Not sure why it worked so great before the factory reset

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone get an email or anything from Samsung confirming they are registered or giving instructions? I finally got the app to accept my registration last night after days of trying but the app just says server error now and is not showing I'm registered anymore.
I don't think you're supposed to get anything. If you registered already the download should be available. The Beta app showing only register option and giving server error is "expected". I've had the same situation but was able to download without any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress