Downloading...?

swatguy51

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I had my phone off cleaning it and when I was finished I plugged it in. A green screen instantly came on with a message that says "Downloading... Do not turn off target". It also says in the upper left corner "factory mode (high speed). It has other phone information under it looking similar to the hard reset screen. I am in the US on Verizon. Anyone have any idea what this is? Android 7.0 maybe? I don't know if I should touch it or not. Would appreciate anyone's help.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Chances are fairly small that it's Nougat if you're on Verizon.

I'd give it some time and see what happens. If it's updating something, then you could corrupt the process by switching it off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's nougat. You somehow got to the downloading OS page. You usually get there by powering phone on while holding down the volume down button and home button at the same time.

To get off that page you need to hold power button and home button at same time for a few seconds, your screen will go black and reboot.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I suspected that as well. Without seeing the display, I figured it better to be safe and give it a few minutes. I've had phones do weird things when connecting them to power while turned off, or when booting from recovery. Normally, the reboot fixes all.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I suspected that as well. Without seeing the display, I figured it better to be safe and give it a few minutes. I've had phones do weird things when connecting them to power while turned off, or when booting from recovery. Normally, the reboot fixes all.
Yeah it's weird how they accidently got that screen when you have to work at getting to it when you want to get there. I was thinking you knew Verizon released nougat, checked and found that they didn't.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish. I'd bet that Verizon's Samsung guy is still buried under all those Note 7s, then will need a long vacation to recover from all that stress. I wouldn't expect Nougat for quite some time.

Having said that, I hope I'm wrong.

swatguy51

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all. That makes sense. I finally had to do a hard reset as it stayed that way for an hour. The phone booted normally and all seems well. It was a little scary at first. This my first Android phone as I have been a die hard blackberry fan for ever. I will never look back. Thanks again.