How to change keyboard back to simultaneous language after Samsung 7 Edge update?

Prifg

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys .. same trouble and no solution found .. I type in four languages and under android 6 it worked fine. prediction was switching automatically.. with android 7 now I need to switch manually the keyboard language which is very boring ...

Only solution I could find was installing SwiftKey.
Working fine with 3 languages.. I don't know how many it can support simultaneously.

endalish

May 3, 2017
Visit site
Working fine with 3 languages.. I don't know how many it can support simultaneously.

my and my boss we upgrade to 7.0 but it is difficult to use , it is not user friendly, even when it upgrade it changes all the setup that we have , we choose android to use easly rather than choosing ios, now it goest to ios.

Mark M4

May 11, 2017
Visit site
here is how I did it on my S8+ after patch

setting/general management / language and input / on-screen keyboard / tap on Samsung keyboard / languages and types then tap manage input languages ..... the enable your input language or down load it .................. then it should work

Mark M4

May 11, 2017
Visit site
here is how I did it on my S8+ after patch

setting/general management / language and input / on-screen keyboard / tap on Samsung keyboard / languages and types then tap manage input languages ..... the enable your input language or down load it .................. then it should work --- hope that helps

Ecakes

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I have tried everything here before and nothing works. I'm so frustrated. I even called Samsung and they were useless. They recommended I email a complaint. ??????

Ecakes

May 23, 2017
Visit site
it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
for galaxy S7

I don't know if it would change much but the French Canadian keyboard is qwerty

Serrax

May 23, 2017
Visit site
In the settings select virtual keyboard, then select sumsung keyboard, then go to language selection and choose and download your language))))

The thing is that this only fixes swapping between different keyboards, but the suggested word corrections and sentence prediction no longer automatically follow the language you're actually typing regardless of which keyboard you choose to use.

When I have the Norwegian keyboard activated, I only get Norwegian auto correct even when I type in English. Before the update it used to be independent on the keyboard you used and it just predicted from the letters you were actually typing. When you're polylingual and use a variety of languages at the same time it is a huge annoyance having to constantly swap between the different keyboards to get proper spelling.

I was always so impressed with the spelling prediction that it was able to keep up with my multilingual rants, and it baffles me that they would downgrade it like this.. and I can't find a fix that resembles what Samsung offered before. "Auto detect language " is just no longer an option afaik..

Gabycn

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem! With Spanish, English and Italian, first was the best all at the same time, now I have to change language every time please give a solution or how I can come back to android 6

Lucas Novoa

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
for galaxy S7

Mine won't even let me swipe the space bar to change languages anymore. Dafuq

Manuel Garces

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I spoke to Samsung about this at length. They removed the functionality. As hard as it is to believe. They must have pissed off half of Europe and Latin America. I am not sure what Sasmung was thinking when they decided to take this retro step but I am sure they will be implementing it back at some point. For now Gboard is the best alternative. If it makes you feel any better, I was so upset that I decided to visit the Apple store and weight my options with an iPhone. They never heard of that functionality!! LOL. Apple lovers have been flipping back and forth for languages on their keyboards all these years!.! Unbelievable!!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to Samsung about this at length. They removed the functionality. As hard as it is to believe. They must have pissed off half of Europe and Latin America. I am not sure what Sasmung was thinking when they decided to take this retro step but I am sure they will be implementing it back at some point. For now Gboard is the best alternative. If it makes you feel any better, I was so upset that I decided to visit the Apple store and weight my options with an iPhone. They never heard of that functionality!! LOL. Apple lovers have been flipping back and forth for languages on their keyboards all these years!.! Unbelievable!!
You could try Swiftkey. I personally like it better than Gboard and can handle 3 languages simultaneously.

SMILEyC

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on a ZTE Axon Mini with Android Nougat update... I did have English & Spanish languages selected, and am using Gboard, but needed to go into language settings and deselect system language to allow me to choose English & Spanish individually for the virtual keyboard settings. No download of the languages required. Now I have the keyboard I had gotten used to and love. A clue to success was the ñ key appearing on my 'regular' keyboard. I can now type in either or both languages (i.e., without having to switch) and it just works (without having to choose a specific language for the keyboard).

Attachments

• IMG_20170927_232426.jpg
    IMG_20170927_232426.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-32.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-47.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

cosy-ch

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
In the settings select virtual keyboard, then select sumsung keyboard, then go to language selection and choose and download your language))))

This works fine!! For so long I was sad about the stupidity of text correction in other languages then the baisic setup of the phone. Then I lived without any correction for so long.
After done this silly stupidly simple setup; oh wonder: I am writing in one single message (social media app) in tree languages without any mistake and it recognizes word by word.

On single weak thing is only that in french language the keyboard changes automaticly to the weird french keybord (a normal user with IQ<200 is only capable to write on after drunk at least two bootles of Bordeaux red wine ;-)). There are other keyboard implementation with french like Swiss-french and others. Same for english, same for german. So you get strange keyboard layout to work on. Not so under Linux, Windows etc. there the dev guys understood multilingual multicultural world quite better.

One single

ChrisDeve

May 29, 2018
Visit site

Yes Swiftkey works BUT the problem there for me is that they don't support 3x4 (T9) keyboard. Which is my absolute favorite one and the only one that doesnt frustrate the hell out of me. In fact one of the benefits of two languages was that you could switch to qwerty for the unusual words and then right back the the super fast 3x4 :( So I'm one small step further but not where I want to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non