My Samsung S7 edge has a weird bluetooth issue after updating to nougat.

A

AC Question

My bluetooth takes very long to connect to my laptop and speaker. Does reflashing help? and if i reflash will i lose my data?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Most of the issues that come with an OS update or system app replacement can be fixed by clearing the system and app caches. If that doesn't do the trick, then a factory data reset (FDR) is the next step. Reflashing is the very last thing to consider because of the possibility of bricking your device. And yes, you will lose everything with a FDR or a OS reflash, so make sure that you have backed up your photos, media, docs, and such to your SD card or cloud storage.

Clearing the app and system caches is kind of like dumping your Windows TEMP folder and rebooting your PC. This isn't a reset and you don't lose anything. That being said, it's always a good idea to backup your stuff before doing any kind of maintenance.

This will clear the app cache.

1. Go to SETTINGS, and find STORAGE.
2. Select INTERNAL storage.
3. Wait for the used space to calculate, then tap CACHED DATA, then CLEAR.

Then clear the system cache. This is from T-Mobile and for a Note 5, but it works with just about all the newer Samsung devices. Be careful -- it's possible and very easy to wipe your device here. In fact, should you decide to do the FDR, it's on the same menu.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38